Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   All plug-ins have become unauthorized! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=322107)

chroma17 05-03-2012 01:10 PM

All plug-ins have become unauthorized!

Hello,

After installing new RAM in my computer today I have found that all of my plug-ins are no longer authorized. For PT and all iLok plugins, every time I open them I get an error saying I need to authorize the plugin, and I have to manually tell it to select the iLok every time. I also have a few challenge-response style authorizations which have been lost and require new responses to be emailed to me!
Never had this problem before-repairing permissions did nothing, nor did reinstalling the iLok client driver. System has been working fine before today.

Any ideas?

Mac Pro 2.26, 24GB RAM, 10.6.8, PT 9.0.1

RegenerationMix 05-03-2012 02:45 PM

Re: All plug-ins have become unauthorized!

is anyone still on 9.0.1? i think that one was buggy and they did updates to 9.0.5 and 9.0.6. You might try updating.

Chris

chroma17 05-03-2012 03:35 PM

True that it's an older version, but 9.0.5 supposedly has MIDI problems so I can't update to the newest version. Also this system has been running problem-free until today. But I'll check through the release notes and see if there is any bug like this which a later version of PT says it fixes.

Wayne Rose 05-14-2012 10:31 PM

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. See my post here Sudden Voce Chorus-Vibrato Authorization Error ...

... btw, I'm running PT 9.0.6 with absolutely no problems until this issue occurred. I suspect the specific version hasn't anything to do with it, unless it's an ongoing bug in all versions of PT9.

As you can read in my thread referenced above, I tried all the standard "fixes" and nothing has worked so far.

I did not try deleting the PT databases. It would be great if someone more knowledgeable about the low-level functions of Pro Tools would chime in.

Maybe together we can find a solution ...

Cheers,

-Wayne

YYR123 05-16-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Rose (Post 1931126)
I did not try deleting the PT databases.

Why don't you try that ???? I just found out the other day that somebody unplugged an mbox rearranged their room plugged it back in and it wouldn't start so they deleted their preferences and It took care of the issue

YYR123 05-16-2012 07:30 AM

I'm curious about this because I just got an extra 8gb of RAM myself - but haven't installed it yet

Wayne Rose 05-26-2012 05:19 AM

chroma17,

This might interest you...

I had some problems with several other plug-ins, related to a bug in Novation Automap 4.3 (which has now been fixed in an update, by the way, which can be downloaded here: Automap 4.4.1).

To get all of the necessary plug-ins back, I eventually had to re-install PT 9.0.1, then re-update to PT 9.0.6. That did the trick!

Interestingly, Voce Chorus-Vibrato, the plug-in that had earlier suddenly stopped working, but which was not one of the ones that was replaced by the re-install, is now working again as well!

Pro Tools must have somehow got corrupted. Go figure!

If you've yet to solve your problem, hope this helps. :-)

Cheers,

-Wayne