Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   PlayCell is just an empty black window [XUJAM-190] (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=424019)

tonyw7 03-25-2023 06:04 AM

PlayCell is just an empty black window [XUJAM-190]

Has anyone encountered a problem with playcell?
I installed PT latest update along with the both downloads of playcell via avid link.

When I insert playcell I get an empty black window.
All my other virtual instruments work fine after this update.

Mac pro 2013
Monterey latest update.

Ben Jenssen 03-25-2023 07:11 AM

Re: playcell

Me too.
I'm guessing it has to do with ilok license missing. But then, we should be getting a ilok error, not a black window.

I have Groovecell and Synthcell licenses in ilok manager, I think they were just placed there when they came out, I activated synthcell back then, and it worked. It still works. I'm guessing it might be the same w/Playcell, and they just forgot to give us the licenses. Looked for anything on avid.com, without any luck.

tonyw7 03-25-2023 07:30 AM

I am sure Avid will fix this.
Thanks for the reply

Benny_Cha_Cha 03-25-2023 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyw7 (Post 2665840)
I installed PT latest update along with the both downloads of playcell via avid link.

Mac pro 2013
Monterey latest update.

Yes same issue here. Just a black box. I also suspect the lack of an iLok asset, like the other “cell” VIs have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its2loud 03-25-2023 08:31 AM

FYI

PlayCell Palette Series

PlayCell graphics are not loading, and plugin presets are not writing. (XUJAM-190) This issue has been identified as an intermittent permissions issue and a fix is in the works which will be posted ASAP. Current workaround:
Delete the ~/Users/XXX/Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings/PlayCell folder
Launch PT and insert PlayCell, close
Reinstall Palette Series

Ben Jenssen 03-25-2023 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its2loud (Post 2665864)
FYI

PlayCell Palette Series

PlayCell graphics are not loading, and plugin presets are not writing. (XUJAM-190) This issue has been identified as an intermittent permissions issue and a fix is in the works which will be posted ASAP. Current workaround:
Delete the ~/Users/XXX/Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings/PlayCell folder
Launch PT and insert PlayCell, close
Reinstall Palette Series

Thanks for the fix. Worked very nicely.
(Except the Palette installer has some strange behaviours; no installer window on launch, progress bar looks like it's freezing before completing. Looks a bit half-done.)

WorldStudios 03-25-2023 08:56 AM

I have the same problem and will try the workaround.

WorldStudios 03-25-2023 09:42 AM

I got it to work with the workaround described above. It is not totally useless, but clearly aimed at getting some quick results with very limited resources and editing possibilities. A beginners toy, basically.

smurfyou 03-25-2023 10:53 AM

So this isn't a modern Sample Cell? :rolleyes:

albee1952 03-25-2023 12:12 PM

Good question re SampleCell. Guessing the graphics issue is only on the Mac side as it works fine here on Windows 11:o

elbear98 03-25-2023 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyw7 (Post 2665840)

Mac pro 2013
Monterey latest update.

Same but with mine's it's all the Avid instruments.

StanleyPat 03-25-2023 01:06 PM

I have the same problem: I found this: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Release-Notes

I tried what they suggested:
- Delete the ~/Users/XXX/Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings/PlayCell folder
- Launch PT and insert PlayCell, close
- Reinstall Palette Series

PlayCell works - BUT I cannot reload the Palette :-( MyAvid says I've already downloaded it.

Ben Jenssen 03-25-2023 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyPat (Post 2665910)
I have the same problem: I found this: https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pro...023-3-released > see article quite at the bottom.

I tried what they suggested:
- Delete the ~/Users/XXX/Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings/PlayCell folder
- Launch PT and insert PlayCell, close
- Reinstall Palette Series

PlayCell works - BUT I cannot reload the Palette :-( MyAvid says I've already downloaded it.

Same workaround mentioned earlier in the thread. Worked for me. And I re-downloaded the Palette installer from Avid/Myproducts/Protools/downloads just fine.

jeffro 03-25-2023 01:50 PM

This issue with the workaround was included in our release notes. You can download the installer from my.avid.com/products > Pro Tools > VIEW... and run that again.

Rhythmitist 04-12-2023 12:45 PM

Re: PlayCell is just an empty black window [XUJAM-190]

Don't know what I'm missing here, but I haven't been able to get any of the "cell" instruments to show anything other than a black window. I've tried re-downloading all 3 instruments from My Avid account. I'm not getting a ~/Users/XXX/Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings/PlayCell folder installed, otherwise, I would try the "workaround" specified in the release notes (Released March 24, 2023). The new release notes (Released March 30, 2023) led me to believe that the bug was fixed, but when the issue remained, I tried the re-download/re-install process. Still to no avail.

Avid guys...What am I missing?

Thanks!

BCnSTL 06-16-2023 11:25 AM

After messing with it - Playcell will open but the presets are blank.
I have an existing session with a playcell instance where I somehow saved it with a preset - and it loads the preset - but the browser is still blank.
Very strange.

Southsidemusic 09-28-2023 07:13 AM

Unapproved due to forum rules and posting guidelines

toutou 02-03-2024 12:50 PM

Hi all !

I am on Windows 10 and I have the same issue with Synt cell and Groove cell :rolleyes: