Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   White Hot M-BOX Noise Blasts! Please Help! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=99677)

Derek Doublin 03-08-2004 06:36 PM

White Hot M-BOX Noise Blasts! Please Help!

Yes, another post about the infamous M-Box Noise blasts! I have had them happen to me every now and then but never so much that it became a problem. Well, today that's the only noise that'll come out of the M-BOX. WHITE HOT DIGITAL NOOOOIIIISSSEEEE. Does anyone know of a solid solution for this problem? Is anyone having this problem to the degree that I'm having it? I'm running OS 10.3 on a Dual Ghz G4 with 1.25 Gig of RAM and Pro Tools 6.2.2. I'm about to update to 6.2.3 but I have a feeling that it won't do anything.

Everytime I open a project and play from the timeline all I get is white hot digital noise. The tracks are there and the level meters read that the audio is playing just as it should, but all I hear is a digital noise blast from both the headphones and the speakers.

Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!

-Derek

Phil71 03-09-2004 01:37 AM

Re: White Hot M-BOX Noise Blasts! Please Help!

isn't there an Mbox firmware upgrade/ bug fix? Basically updates the software in your mbox via USB.

cwhite771 03-09-2004 01:25 PM

What drive are you using as your audio drive?
---
c

Derek Doublin 03-09-2004 08:56 PM

I'm using 3 internal drives (not the system drive) via an ATA PCI card. They are 80 GB Ultra 166 ATA drives. Two are IBMs and one is a Maxor.

Tubz 03-10-2004 12:38 AM

Are you using waves? If you are, make sure you have at least the 4.01 update. With waves 4.0 I had some problems with sudden white noise peaks.

Best Regards T

Derek Doublin 03-17-2004 10:36 AM

I am not using waves and these aren't just peaks in the audio. This is all out constant static. Right when a push the play button allI hear is SHHHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH no matter what audio clip I'm playing. It's driving me crazy and I'm starting to dislike Digidesign products because of it.

cwhite771 03-17-2004 10:47 AM

I had an issue with White noise when my external drive couldn't keep up. I moved it internal and all was fine. Since yours are already internal, all I can think of is either the PCI-ATA card is not compatible (can't handle the throughput / not fast enough), or your PCI bus is overloading.

What happens when you have the systems performance meters open in PT-- is anyhitng hitting the Red?

Maybe try pulling the PCI card and hooking up one of the audio drives to the ATA bus and see if the problem still persists.
---
c