Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Drivers and Standalone Editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=423283)

Justin1524 01-25-2023 10:09 AM

Eleven Rack Drivers and Standalone Editor

I know, I know, I know the product is old and nearing end of life support.

BUT, BUT, BUT Avid listen, please oh please, listen...

We love our Eleven Racks. Please, please, please -

1.) Fix the drivers/editor so it works on the latest M1/M2 Macs.

2.) Fix the drivers/editor so they work on Windows 11 - when I launch the editor now I get the message (Can't initialize the Eleven Rack Midi engine).

Do us ALL this one last solid - don't quit on us.

As an example, Line 6 goes above and beyond to support their older products - my Helix LT unit is so well supported, it's like a brand new product with every free firmware update. I bought it years and years ago.

On hands and knees begging AVID. BEGGING!!!

BCnSTL 01-26-2023 10:48 AM

Re: Eleven Rack Drivers and Standalone Editor

I would be thrilled if they did this but would be shocked if they did. I don't think they *ever* updated the editor - it's still version 1.0 isn't it?

hurdy gurdy 01-26-2023 09:04 PM

Shocked is right. would be ultra cool.

lb.

FunkzzaJ 02-10-2023 03:17 PM

+1

I also want to continue use 11 R, on windows 11. Same error aboout initializing the midi engine.

Anyone found a workaround/fix ?

11R is a magnificent peace of gear.

/T

PT user 03-21-2023 04:48 AM

Ive just updated to Monterray on intel , and Im getting white outs from the Editor GUI. I watched a video on YouTube which deleted pref files for it on windows but I can't seem to locate these on my Mac. It worked on windows and stopped the GUI fro malfunctioning albeit in an earlier PT version. My Editor is V 1.0.0.99 -Is that the latest?

FunkzzaJ 03-21-2023 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PT user (Post 2665279)
Ive just updated to Monterray on intel , and Im getting white outs from the Editor GUI. I watched a video on YouTube which deleted pref files for it on windows but I can't seem to locate these on my Mac. It worked on windows and stopped the GUI fro malfunctioning albeit in an earlier PT version. My Editor is V 1.0.0.99 -Is that the latest?

Fwiw - here is another thread on the editor. Helped me, not the same problem though. https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417788

I had the same problem (but on windows) with a plugin - white GUI. It was about the graphics settings. The editor is old and pretty much 'abandonware' as someone put it. And osx stepped its graphics into 'metal' with ...hmmm... not sure but i think mojave, so if you moved from before 'metal' osx (mojave?) it might be about that.

not very helpful, others may provide mor meat to the bones.

/T

Daveporter33765 03-25-2023 10:00 AM

Since the 11 Rack is still officially supported, and has been for years as the Mac OS has been updated repeatedly, I feel that Avid owes us an update of the drivers and editor before the end of official support.

Therefore, I too urge Avid to provide at least 11 Rack drivers and an editor that will function with at least the most recent Intel based macs and Monterey. That will at least give us the ability to keep an Intel Mac running a fairly recent OS around for a few more years to fully utilize our 11 Racks.

FunkzzaJ 03-25-2023 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveporter33765 (Post 2665875)
Since the 11 Rack is still officially supported, and has been for years as the Mac OS has been updated repeatedly, I feel that Avid owes us an update of the drivers and editor before the end of official support.

Therefore, I too urge Avid to provide at least 11 Rack drivers and an editor that will function with at least the most recent Intel based macs and Monterey. That will at least give us the ability to keep an Intel Mac running a fairly recent OS around for a few more years to fully utilize our 11 Racks.

+1