Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Each playlist should have it's own comments window (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=416958)

[email protected] 09-09-2021 04:47 PM

Each playlist should have it's own comments window

ok. Am I dense? Is there a function for this that I can't find? Doesn't it make sense that each playlist has its own comments window so you can keep notes about each playlist?

Apologies if i missed how to do this. I've looked.

massivekerry 09-09-2021 05:55 PM

Re: Each playlist should have it's own comments window

Nope. One Comments per Track, not Playlist. It does seem like that'd be a handy option tho.

[email protected] 09-09-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massivekerry (Post 2613154)
Nope. One Comments per Track, not Playlist. It does seem like that'd be a handy option tho.

it's so obvious i can't believe they haven't done it. being able to have notes for each playlist would be so handy.

bolooki 09-09-2021 06:24 PM

may seem redundant but sometimes I make a blank clip and name it as a note for myself, so its visually attached to where it references. not a glamorous solution but it works.

massivekerry 09-09-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2613155)
it's so obvious i can't believe they haven't done it. being able to have notes for each playlist would be so handy.

It does seem that way, but who (among us) knows what the codebase consists of at this point? Someone mentioned that implementing Folders was a major feat of math due to the way PT's architecture was originally based around playlists. I'll keep asking for the things that I want, but I'm not prepared to be surprised by anything any longer.

albee1952 09-10-2021 08:16 AM

Not sure exactly what you want this for(but I do like the idea) so I'll just toss out my own method(And there is the rating system, which I don't use, but you might look into). All of my tracks are labelled with .01(IOW, Kick.01, Bass.01, LdVox.01) at the start of any recording. Doing this makes each subsequent playlist automatically name itself, like LdVox.02, LdVox.03, etc. That tells me instantly which take is which. At that point, a pencil and pad allows for quick notes on the fly:o

Rich Breen 09-10-2021 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2613148)
...Is there a function for this that I can't find? Doesn't it make sense that each playlist has its own comments window so you can keep notes about each playlist? ...

Yes it makes sense. No, it doesn't exist. I can't tell you how many times I've wished for it...

noah330 09-10-2021 05:08 PM

I always thought being able to attach a photo or two in comments would be helpful for hardware settings or mic placement on a track.

albee1952 09-10-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noah330 (Post 2613280)
I always thought being able to attach a photo or two in comments would be helpful for hardware settings or mic placement on a track.

Somebody does make a "plugin" for this and I wish I could remember who. I tried the demo of it a few years back and it worked fine(snap a photo with your smartphone and transfer it somehow). Sadly I may have burned thru those brain cells, but its worth some googling:D

BScout 09-10-2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2613286)
Somebody does make a "plugin" for this and I wish I could remember who.

Non-Lethal Applications ("Video Sync" aka "Video Slave" makers) makes it and it is called Snapshot (I use it for hardware settings)
https://non-lethal-applications.com/products/snapshot

And it is free.