Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   I offer a rib for the perfect wife. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=354720)

lachlan 05-20-2014 09:57 PM

I offer a rib for the perfect wife.

Hello Friends,

Last night I was listening back to some old Pro Tools mixes for the first time with my wife, Pro Tools 11.1.2.

Just her and me side by side in the studio. Sweet.

Things were sounding great in the session till the point where the Virtual Instruments started to play badly out of sync with other tracks.

(These virtual instruments were routed as a multi output virtual instrument into an auxiliarly output stem with effects plug ins on it.)

"What the hell"...I muttered. Bad mistake....I should have kept quiet.

Suddenly my wife (Pro Tools 11.1.2) grabbed me and ground my face forcefully down onto the mixing desk.
She then donned a huge Auxiliary Output Stem and plumbed the depths of my anguish, torment and pain.

One of my ears had an eq knob shoved into it but the other was open so I could still hear her shouting at me......

"What are you moaning about", she screamed from behind me. "Do I detect expectations coming from you? You expect me to automatically delay compensate Auxilliary Output Stems dont you..dont you? And I know why you expect that, you tiny worm. It's because you've been thinking about that Connie Cubaze from next door and Lonnie Logik from work, isnt it? Just because those wives have been doing any amount of Automatic Delay Compensation for the last 10 years doesnt mean I will. Get it. I dont do that. I DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY DELAY COMPENSATE ANY AUXILLIARY OUTPUT STEM. PERIOD!!!"
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...avid.force.com

I was hurt and shocked. The physical pain was bad enough but the thing that really floored me was that we had been through the delay compensation issue years before and resolved it.

Back then I conducted lengthy prayer sessions asking for help from The Creator (Avid) to teach my wife to automatically delay compensate. My prayers fell on deaf ears for years till PT 9 was released and my wife was suddenly able to automatically delay compensate. Ah!!!!!! And though she had many other issues (especially with MIDI) I was able to share an OK relationship with her.

But now she has reverted to her old self and I am struggling. She's angry again and wont be reasoned with.

I worry that many other things may also be wrong with her now. The Creator made her from scratch so I suspect she will have countless new teething troubles. This wife looks fantastic and she thinks fast but I worry that the absolute fundamental things like timing sync between tracks has been neglected, leaving her fundamentally flawed and making her unfit for the task of being a wife.

Should I pray again, or just leave her??????? I am so tired of being abused. But The Creator is so hard to reach and still believes he has made the perfect woman, so inevitably he does not want to be faced with his mistakes.
A few days ago PT 11.1.3 arrived and though my wife is itching to try on this new dress, I notice with alarm that the delay compensation issue still exists. Does this mean that this Failure of ADC on AO stems is now an accepted part of PT 11 and wont be fixed till PT 12. I hope not.

I have invested so much of my life into this relationship that it's hard for me to just walk away from her.

I am willing to offer up one of my ribs to allow the Creator to make me a perfect wife that you may all share.

Cheers

Lachlan

PS

I slept alone in the spare room last night. I'm still in pain today though...... can't face her.

YYR123 05-20-2014 10:18 PM

Re: I offer a rib for the perfect wife.

Classic

Don't forget sleazy Susan studio one

surstromming 05-20-2014 11:36 PM

:-) :-) :-)

albee1952 05-21-2014 09:08 AM

Give your "wife" some chocolates and wine, don't say a word, then slowly leave the room:D

treason 05-21-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lachlan (Post 2158194)
It's because you've been thinking about that Connie Cubaze from next door and Lonnie Logik from work, isnt it? Just because those wives have been doing any amount of Automatic Delay Compensation for the last 10 years doesnt mean I will. Get it. I dont do that. I DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY DELAY COMPENSATE ANY AUXILLIARY OUTPUT STEM. PERIOD!!!"
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...avid.force.com

I worry that many other things may also be wrong with her now. The Creator made her from scratch so I suspect she will have countless new teething troubles. This wife looks fantastic and she thinks fast but I worry that the absolute fundamental things like timing sync between tracks has been neglected, leaving her fundamentally flawed and making her unfit for the task of being a wife.

I am willing to offer up one of my ribs to allow the Creator to make me a perfect wife that you may all share.

Cheers

Lachlan

Thank you, Lachlan. Your prayers are worthy of being DUC'd about. Please continue the prayers, incantations and above all - keep the light on for the perfection you seek.

I share your quest and am doing same.

YYR123 05-21-2014 10:00 PM

Reminds me of a joke.....

God was talking with Adam in the Garden and he said I am making you a wife who will love you and respect you, work hard for all of your digital audio needs and care for you and never leave you. She will beautiful and stay the same shape in her 60's as she is when she's 20

It's just gonna cost you an Arm and a Leg.......Adam asks God, what can I get for a Rib?

And the rest is as they say History !!! Hahaha Prosit

nigelpry 05-22-2014 12:54 AM

Don't forget Mandy Mixbus

Meads 05-22-2014 04:23 AM

Kind of reminds me of what Sir Sean Connery once said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo0d1zTAFKA

WombatStudio.Org 05-22-2014 01:29 PM

This also happens in 10.3.9 ...

If by "rewrite" you mean copy/paste into new files and doing a global find/replace from DAE to AAE ...

YYR123 05-22-2014 01:45 PM

I think he meant re write from PT 10 to PT11

What's wierd is that in 10.3.7 I don't find the situation happening