Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   cannot create fades (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=280450)

tobias bluth 08-20-2010 12:23 PM

cannot create fades

hello everyone i got a very annoying problem with writing fades to audio files.every now and then protools do not let me write a fade to an audio file nor with the smart tool or the mouse cursor and the edit-fade-command.this happens randomly but often and it is really annoying as you might can imagine.i encountered that behaviour for no apparent reason even when i created dozens of fades in the same session and on the same day.i would really appreciate any ideas,solutions or workarounds.thank you in advance.

Stig Eliassen 08-20-2010 12:46 PM

Re: cannot create fades

A crossfade can't be longer than the region boundaries. If two whole-file audio regions are butted together, a crossfade can't be made. There's simply no audio after the region end of the first region, or before the region start of the second region, thus making a crossfade impossible.

Is this what's going on?

tobias bluth 08-20-2010 02:22 PM

no not really, i encounter this problems with simple fades not crossfades

Nick Camaron 08-21-2010 08:40 AM

Please specify... so many possible scenarios..
Machine? RAM..? Version?
Any error messages? Whats the status in the task window?

tobias bluth 08-23-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobias bluth (Post 1655660)
no not really, i encounter this problems with simple fades not crossfades

mac osx 10.5.8 2quadcore 10gb ram,pt le 8.0.1.digi 003 which i am working on for mixing and finalizing,digirack 002,mbox pro.
no error messages,comes out of the blue.never had that before pt 8(im there since 6.7).thought maybe the problem will going away after updating to 8.3,but whilst reading how many users want to revert to older versions due to the fact that more bugs causing misfunction than before i will keep my hands of updates for a long timee

Slim Shady 08-23-2010 01:55 PM

Have you done everything in the General Troubleshooting thread?

If that doesn't work, I'd try some Teamocil.

tobias bluth 08-23-2010 09:34 PM

with pt i found myself troubleshooting quite often...;)

scottleo14 12-08-2010 12:25 PM

Hey I also have a problem with creating fades, but when i highlight the region an press command f nothing even happens? I have also tried going to "edit" in the top window, and the "create fade" icon is grey, meaning I am unable to select this. I am using Pro tools SE, a version a recieved with buying my M-Audio MobilePre, and im wondering if I am able to create fades with this version. Btw im using a Macbook Pro.

If there is anybody willing to help me that would be greatly appreciated.

MixerGuy 09-10-2011 09:24 PM

did anyone figure out how to fix this?

just curious

stelomax555 04-16-2012 01:56 PM

Hi All,

I have also had a problem with creating new fades. Every time i try to create a new fade it is just a white block. There are already plenty of working fades in this particular session and for some reason it is only in this session I am having this problem.