Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Carbon (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   The Ultimate Pairing... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422661)

MCorbin 12-01-2022 10:25 AM

The Ultimate Pairing...

So while the Pro Tools Perpetual Parachute was a cool idea, it was (obviously) complicated in practice.

So as of today, ALL new Carbon activations will come with Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual instead of the Pro Tools Studio Perpetual Parachute.

The parachute will continue to work in it's parachuty way.

For those of you who missed the promo with PT Ultimate Perpetual but have purchased a Carbon... we got you covered too.

You should be receiving an email sometime today to let you know you have a new Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual license available in your Products Not Yet Downloaded section of your MyAvid account.

https://www.avid.com/resource-center...erfect-pairing

Hopefully this will simplify some of the PT questions associated with Carbon and give you a larger toolset to play with.

ENJOY!

M

massivekerry 12-01-2022 12:05 PM

Re: The Ultimate Pairing...

Thanks Mark!

digiot 12-02-2022 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCorbin (Post 2654739)
So while the Pro Tools Perpetual Parachute was a cool idea, it was (obviously) complicated in practice.

So as of today, ALL new Carbon activations will come with Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual instead of the Pro Tools Studio Perpetual Parachute.

The parachute will continue to work in it's parachuty way.

For those of you who missed the promo with PT Ultimate Perpetual but have purchased a Carbon... we got you covered too.

You should be receiving an email sometime today to let you know you have a new Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual license available in your Products Not Yet Downloaded section of your MyAvid account.

https://www.avid.com/resource-center...erfect-pairing

Hopefully this will simplify some of the PT questions associated with Carbon and give you a larger toolset to play with.

ENJOY!

M

This makes a lot of sense. However does that mean I won't be able to get my perpetual parachute re-instated!? I already own an Ultimate license and was hoping to just renew the Carbon license.

Southsidemusic 12-02-2022 02:24 PM

Thank You Mark and The Avid Team for this :-)

Makes much more sense even if it is a 2500K ”Gift” imho of course

2 Thumbs High :-)

Southsidemusic 12-02-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digiot (Post 2654826)
This makes a lot of sense. However does that mean I won't be able to get my perpetual parachute re-instated!? I already own an Ultimate license and was hoping to just renew the Carbon license.

Mark just said the Studio Parachute will work as usual aka ”Parachuty way” :D

Just renewed ours and the ultimate license too so no probs there

JTC111 12-03-2022 04:54 PM

I think this is a smart idea from every angle. I was surprised Avid didn't realize it was a great idea back when it was only a promotion. Between this and releasing Pro Tools Intro, that's two great moves in a row, both of which not only generate a lot of positivity for the brand, but have the potential to turn into regular revenue for the company. Well done!

MCorbin 12-05-2022 08:31 AM

Yep, Parachute will continue to be renewable and be "parachute-y"

m

digiot 12-06-2022 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCorbin (Post 2655104)
Yep, Parachute will continue to be renewable and be "parachute-y"

m

Thanks! Now just make it a little easier to find;)

Kunst 12-08-2022 05:23 AM

Hi guys - just received my Carbon and I see that there is now an unactivated 'Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual' in my Avid account.

I currently use Pro Tools Studio [perpetual product] on an active support plan that just renewed on November 20th.

Are there any benefits to my activating the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence? I understand that it would unlock some features not present in my current Pro Tools Studio perpetual product.

How would this work with the support plan, especially as I just paid to renew for another year?

Also once I start using the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence am I correct in assuming that my yearly support plan is going to get more expensive?

And finally, if I ever end up giving up the Carbon, am I right that the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence goes with it? So then I may end up with an expired Pro Tools Studio licence whose support plan will have lapsed (we know this is not a great situation to be in as often Avid makes you 'buy back in').

Thank you for any help, sometimes this stuff gets quite confusing.

Best!

K Roche 12-08-2022 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunst (Post 2655418)
Hi guys - just received my Carbon and I see that there is now an unactivated 'Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual' in my Avid account.

I currently use Pro Tools Studio [perpetual product] on an active support plan that just renewed on November 20th.

Are there any benefits to my activating the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence? I understand that it would unlock some features not present in my current Pro Tools Studio perpetual product.

How would this work with the support plan, especially as I just paid to renew for another year?

Also once I start using the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence am I correct in assuming that my yearly support plan is going to get more expensive?

And finally, if I ever end up giving up the Carbon, am I right that the Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual licence goes with it? So then I may end up with an expired Pro Tools Studio licence whose support plan will have lapsed (we know this is not a great situation to be in as often Avid makes you 'buy back in').

Thank you for any help, sometimes this stuff gets quite confusing.

Best!

Excellent question as there is not a one solution fits all

If I am understanding what Avid is offering correctly ?

Then unless you currently need some feature in Ultimate I believe that it can just sit in your account while you continue with Studio for a year

So in answer to your questions

#1 No there is no benefit (Other than the additional feature set) to activate Ultimate right now

#2 If you activate it now then in one year you will have two separate perpetual licenses
1-Studio and 2- Ultimate that you will have to renew the "update/support plan to keep them current and updatable.

If you don't renew both update/support plans , and only renew one then one you do not renew will freeze at what ever version you have it at in one year,,, and that update/support will become expired . Which will continue work BUT will not be updatable from that point on.

AND (unless Avid offers a "reinstatement" option) from that point on if either
license update/support plan is expired,,, you will only be able to BUY a subscription to become current and ( like any subscription ) it will not work without renewing it period .

So all this to say If you do not need Ultimate If It were me ---I would let it sit in your account for a year and then decide which to renew