Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Running PT10 on Windows 10 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=392454)

teleguy2 07-15-2017 10:50 PM

Running PT10 on Windows 10

So, I'm still running Pro Tools 10 on Windows 7 (and it's working ok and seems reasonably stable).

I'm planning on creating a new drive and testing Windows 10, since 7 is no longer supported.

I just wanted to hear from anyone hear who's already running a set up like this and is running efficiently.

I'm looking at getting a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD for my OS drive.

I did several Google/DUC searches and I didn't find much about this.
If you can point me to a thread I missed, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks!

Steve

jeam25 07-16-2017 09:49 AM

Re: Running PT10 on Windows 10

Hi i use that drive ...all running good here . Thats a pretty good drive .

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

teleguy2 07-16-2017 02:11 PM

Well, I know the drive is good, I'm actually just wondering how PT 10 and Windows 10 get along.

gcasper 07-17-2017 11:51 AM

I'm running on Windows 10 64-bit with Pro Tools 10 and 11 and having no problems. Running the 1607 version of Win10. I also have an SSD for the system and a SATA III hard drive for data. Works so fast I can put a little reverb on the playback for vocalists during recording without any noticeable latency.

teleguy2 07-17-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcasper (Post 2441363)
I'm running on Windows 10 64-bit with Pro Tools 10 and 11 and having no problems. Running the 1607 version of Win10. I also have an SSD for the system and a SATA III hard drive for data. Works so fast I can put a little reverb on the playback for vocalists during recording without any noticeable latency.

Thanks, Gcasper! That's the info I was hoping for.

markus44uk 09-28-2017 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcasper (Post 2441363)

Hiya, can you provide your computer specs for me please?
Motherboard
CPU
Memory
Disk Drives

I'm looking to do a new build and am staying put with PT 10 as I don't want to throw away my Control 24 Console. Most of the PC build specs are now all focused on PT12 and beyond and unless Avid change their mind about offering a driver for the Control 24, I will NEVER be upgrading.

Thanks in advance

M

gcasper 09-29-2017 06:05 PM

They're in my tag. You should be able to run on almost any configuration, though. I'm using Samsung SSD for system and WD SATA3 HD for data. Had to add a TI Firewire adapter to connect to my Digi 002r too, but it all works without a problem.

markus44uk 10-10-2017 08:53 AM

Asus Sabretooth Mobo discontinued...any recommendations for what's available now? Also do you have a preference for branded memory?

gcasper 10-20-2017 10:14 AM

Your CPU will dictate which motherboards you can use, and that will dictate the memory. Just be sure you use components that are verified compatible by their respective manufacturers.

RichWilley 11-02-2017 08:39 AM

I am running PT10 in Windows 10 relatively error free and there is one thing that I have been having trouble figuring out.

I know it's simple and probably a super easy fix, I just don't know the terminology to look it up and get the answer.

I used to be able to click and hold my mouse while sweeping my cursor over several clips and they would highlight. Now, I cannot do that. It only lets me highlight one clip at a time.

How do I get back to where I can click and hold my mouse, sweep over several clips (or even midi tracks) and highlight (select?) them all at once?

Thanks in advance for helping me find this solution!

==============

Oh, one other thing. I have gotten the following error message a few times:
Quote:

DAE can’t get audio from the drive(s) fast enough. Your drive may be too slow or fragmented, or a firewire drive could be having trouble due to the extra firewire bandwidth or CPU load. (-9073)
I do not use a firewire, and my external hard drive is a practically new 6TB Seagate. My computer is screaming powerful and I really should never be having this problem. Any ideas? Thanks again!