Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   ilok - Cannot download license: Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle requires surrender of license (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=320679)

soukotta 04-04-2012 09:00 PM

ilok - Cannot download license: Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle requires surrender of license

MY SETUP
- I have Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 (which I downloaded direct from the avid site) on my mac book pro running OSX 10.6.8
- I also have an mbox 2
- I recently purchased an ilok cause I wanted to download protools 10. The ilok in a gen 1 (blue with the bubble on the end)
- I purchased Protools 10 direct download from the avid store

I registered the ilok at ilok.com
- it says "select the licence to download to your ilok" it has - "Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle"
- I click on download to ilok
- it says... Cannot download license: Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle requires surrender of license(s) on attached iLoks which were not found.

Any ideas?

WernerF 04-04-2012 09:32 PM

Re: ilok - Cannot download license: Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle requires surrender of licen

Do you have an iLok with a Pro Tools 8 auth on it?

getz76 04-04-2012 10:05 PM

Re: ilok - Cannot download license: Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle requires surrender of licen

Quote:

Originally Posted by soukotta (Post 1919013)
MY SETUP
- I have Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 (which I downloaded direct from the avid site) on my mac book pro running OSX 10.6.8
- I also have an mbox 2
- I recently purchased an ilok cause I wanted to download protools 10. The ilok in a gen 1 (blue with the bubble on the end)
- I purchased Protools 10 direct download from the avid store

I registered the ilok at ilok.com
- it says "select the licence to download to your ilok" it has - "Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle"
- I click on download to ilok
- it says... Cannot download license: Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle requires surrender of license(s) on attached iLoks which were not found.

Any ideas?

Did you buy Pro Tools HD 10?

soukotta 04-05-2012 01:03 AM

No it's a brand new ilok - I have never needed an ilok in the past. I only got it for the pro tools 10 download cause they said you needed it

No, I brought Pro tools LE 10

Benoni 04-05-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soukotta (Post 1919042)
No it's a brand new ilok - I have never needed an ilok in the past. I only got it for the pro tools 10 download cause they said you needed it

No, I brought Pro tools LE 10

Did you buy the crossgrade from PT9 to PT10 for $299 or the crossgrade from PT LE8 to PT10 for $399 - because thats the one you want from the information you have given thus far.

As far as I remember you only get the PT9/10 combo authorization if you already had PT9 - it sounds to me like you bought the wrong upgrade.

Can you tell us how much you paid and what option you chose?

soukotta 04-10-2012 07:17 PM

I brought the the crossgrade from PT LE8 to PT10 for $399
the 10+9 bundle

Darn - wrong thing to buy?

Meads 04-10-2012 11:37 PM

No, this would have been the right buy, but it doesn't make any sense. PT LE never had its license on ilok, since it only worked with digi-hardware anyways.
So something must be wrong, if you're asked to surrender a license.
Are you completely sure, you bought 8LE to 10?

originalscottyg 04-11-2012 07:04 AM

If you did indeed purchase the correct upgrade and the iLok license is asking for a license surrender, give a call to Avid customer service (not tech support, no support code needed) and they should be able to help you. They have been pretty helpful to me in the past when I had license surrender issues.

soukotta 09-25-2012 05:21 AM

I actually have PT 8.0.3 and brought the upgrade to PT10 online on the avid site
wrong move?

nst7 09-25-2012 07:17 AM

Yes, that's fine. If you're coming from PT8, there is no Ilok issues. Your upgrade is based on the serial number of your LE hardware.