Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Good Sampler for PT? (Not Structure Free) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408950)

GOOOTOOO 03-18-2020 04:02 PM

Good Sampler for PT? (Not Structure Free)

I'm looking for a good sampler for pro tools that has more functionality than structure free. Most importantly I'm looking for something where you drag clips directly from tracks into the plugin, instead of having to go through a file explorer like in structure free. Thanks!

peterle 03-18-2020 11:37 PM

Re: Good Sampler for PT? (Not Structure Free)

"Most importantly I'm looking for something where you drag clips directly from tracks into the plugin"

so far i know , since PT10 is that not possible anymore due the new AAX
architecture , in PT10 it was , at least with structure,possible to drag
from timeline , now you can only drag from desktop or other folders,not
from within PT which means you have to export first from timeline.

good sampler?
NI Kontakt is more or less a standard , competitions like falcon
or others may have here or there more or less features...
big plus for kontakt is the huge avaiable library , also from third parties.

there are demo versions avaiable , best is to try them first to see which fits your needs.

chrisdee 03-19-2020 01:36 AM

I use and I'm happy with tx16w :
https://www.tx16wx.com/

Don't think you can drag samples directly from within PT.

TOM@METRO 03-19-2020 02:46 AM

Kontakt gets a lot of use here.

Kris75 03-19-2020 08:47 AM

If you are on a current subscription plan you already have access to Falcon, which is an amazing sample player.

midnightrambler 03-19-2020 10:34 AM

My default’s always been Battery, just because I find the interface so much easier to navigate than Kontakt (which is just horrible for instrument creation - tiny and fiddly - though the libraries are fantastic of course). Battery is supposed to be for “one-shots” but it doesn’t take much to get it working as an “instrument” instead. (I always default to 12 columns across, i.e. one for each key).

I should check out Falcon really but I’m just too damn lazy. :rolleyes:

lesbrunn 03-19-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOOOTOOO (Post 2557424)
I'm looking for a good sampler for pro tools that has more functionality than structure free. Most importantly I'm looking for something where you drag clips directly from tracks into the plugin, instead of having to go through a file explorer like in structure free. Thanks!

Kontakt and Falcon, as said. Reason is also very cool.

smurfyou 03-19-2020 11:17 PM

I've always had issues with Kontakt in Pro Tools, both v5 & v6. On multiple machines, going back to PT11. Anybody else? I've been recommended to run VEP for better performance.

So besides Kontakt, TX16wx reminds me of classic samplers so I find it easier to program.

Falcon can be very interesting and is included with some plans.

As mentioned above you can't drag and drop anymore. Since they introduced AAX. It was intentionally removed.

lesbrunn 03-20-2020 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfyou (Post 2557583)
I've always had issues with Kontakt in Pro Tools, both v5 & v6. On multiple machines, going back to PT11. Anybody else? I've been recommended to run VEP for better performance.

So besides Kontakt, TX16wx reminds me of classic samplers so I find it easier to program.

Falcon can be very interesting and is included with some plans.

As mentioned above you can't drag and drop anymore. Since they introduced AAX. It was intentionally removed.

I can't say I've had this problem but to be fair, I only use Kontakt for one or two instruments at most per session. The others come from various other VI's. VEP (even on the same machine) certainly helps to reduce the load on PT.

GOOOTOOO 03-20-2020 07:41 PM

So it's intentionally impossible. Very cool Avid, thank you.

Does anyone know whether Kontak's sampler comes in their free version?