Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Pro Tools LE Vista (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=201293)

casperfun 07-14-2007 09:12 AM

Pro Tools LE Vista

Is it just me or is it summer yet? Before you bust my balls's, just address the marketing department here or the software code developers shall we? And please no end of summer mumbo garbage.

Thanks for my god given rights to free speech in the good ole USA.

MrJoshua 07-14-2007 11:57 AM

Re: Pro Tools LE Vista

Quote:

Is it just me or is it summer yet? Before you bust my balls's, just address the marketing department here or the software code developers shall we? And please no end of summer mumbo garbage.

Thanks for my god given rights to free speech in the good ole USA.

...of course, seeing how this is a privately-owned forum, you don't really have a "right" to say whatever you want here. The forum owner (Digidesign, in other words) sets the rules.

It'll be out when it's out. I'm not going Vista until ProTools goes 64-bit, so I can build a 64-bit Vista system and load it up with more than 4GB of RAM. Until that happens, going to Vista probably won't make much difference.

JMS40 07-14-2007 03:59 PM

Casper, Casper, Casper.
You're worse than my grandson.
"Are we there yet???"

casperfun 07-14-2007 07:04 PM

well my 2002 XP laptop is falling apart. The DVD drive failed, screen lid has a broken bracket, battery no longer keeps a charge, yada, yada ,yada.

And my 2007 Vista laptop has been sitting around nearly half a year with my useless dongle brick. I can be patience till the cows fly home but electronics eventually break down.

JMS40 07-14-2007 08:36 PM

Just having a bit of fun.
Truth is, I'm in the mood for something new myself.
Would be nice if it were the 64 bit flavor.

sunburst79 07-14-2007 09:14 PM

Quote:

Just having a bit of fun.
Truth is, I'm in the mood for something new myself.
Would be nice if it were the 64 bit flavor.

I agree about the 64 bit, I doubt if we'll see it but it would be very, very nice nice.

I'm planning on dual booting my next build so bring on the pain

Which reminds me that Vista requires a different boot editer.

dramsenik 07-15-2007 02:03 AM

Seriously i suggest you to buy an XP OS for your new laptop and get rid of Vista.
Unless you want to be a super beta tester for maybe two years.... And i don't joke here, actually Vista is a big problem for everybody and i suppose for digidesign also it is a problem to develop PT on this piece of s... that is Vista actually.

So format...clean install XP and enjoy your PT rig in a more or less stable environment (XP) and enjoy also your new laptop...

Phil Jeffers 07-15-2007 03:45 AM

Wow, the update isn't even out yet... harsh!

Captain_Pants 07-16-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Seriously i suggest you to buy an XP OS for your new laptop and get rid of Vista.
Unless you want to be a super beta tester for maybe two years.... And i don't joke here, actually Vista is a big problem for everybody and i suppose for digidesign also it is a problem to develop PT on this piece of s... that is Vista actually.

So format...clean install XP and enjoy your PT rig in a more or less stable environment (XP) and enjoy also your new laptop...

Hmmm... NAH.

Vista runs really well actually, and ive been running it since its release with less problems than XP. Memory control is top notch, and though XP is nice, Vista is much nicer.

Not to mention ive been running lots of software before on XP that have since been updated to run on Vista that run much better, smoother, and faster(Im REALLY surprised DIGI didnt anticipate this update... say, maybe 2 years ago... how long has the beta for Vista been out now? How long have developers had their hands on it?)

But, nonetheless, it is Digidesign, so I can expect the updates to be several lightyears behind their competitors, but ultimately outperforming them. Its a Catch-22.

webStalkers 07-16-2007 09:43 PM

Yes they (as well as every other large software development company out there) has had access to developing for Vista for quite some time now. I mean did they think Vista wasnt going to stick?

I have had Vista on my laptop for several months now since I bought it. I ended up buying the Mbox2 about 3 weeks ago because the DigiDesign site said an upgrade for vista would be available this summer. So Ive been here twiddling my thumbs waiting then I though..oh crap...summer is another 2 months or so. Im actually thinking of getting a mac now so that should solve that problem but I know as soon as I buy it the update will come out the day after. Maybe I should buy it soon so everyone will have the update eh?