Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Hybrid Engine/ DSP Mode latency issue (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420856)

skinnyelephant 07-06-2022 06:21 PM

Hybrid Engine/ DSP Mode latency issue

I had an issue today that seems like a bug with 2022.6

While tracking on a dense session with the hybrid engine on and putting the tracks i was recording on in DSP mode everything worked as expected. When i disabled DSP mode after recording the tracks weren't playing back aligned correctly. Quitting pro tools and reopening the session fixed the problem. Anybody else?

Mac Pro Late 2013 Trashcan/ OSX Mojave 10.14.6/ 2 Avid HDIO 16x16's with HDX card. Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.6

Will Russell 07-07-2022 03:09 AM

Re: Hybrid Engine/ DSP Mode latency issue

Same problem here. For me it happens on a session with folder tracks and regular tracks having a send to the same bus.

Farhoof 07-07-2022 04:34 AM

Did this start with 2022.6 or was it faulty before?

Will Russell 07-07-2022 05:28 AM

It's been around for a couple versions. Hoping they sorted out soon because it's a total drag

skinnyelephant 07-07-2022 11:27 AM

Have you found any workarounds for it? I don't think the session I was working in had any folder tracks

CHRIS AIKEN 07-17-2022 02:34 PM

Yes the hybrid engine has delay compensation problems…very buggy. There’s another thread on the Carbon page describing different issues people including myself are having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dominicperry 07-18-2022 04:13 AM

Everyone who is impacted by this needs to raise a support ticket with Avid please.
Their attendance here is insufficient to see that this is a big deal and needs to be fixed.

Dominic

MCorbin 07-19-2022 06:14 AM

Yep, what Dominic said... please log a case. Make sure the agent associates it with an ADC bug so we can track and prioritize it.

CHRIS AIKEN 07-21-2022 10:17 AM

Hybrid Engine/ DSP Mode latency issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCorbin (Post 2642377)
Yep, what Dominic said... please log a case. Make sure the agent associates it with an ADC bug so we can track and prioritize it.

With all due respect. You notified us in January on the Carbon “sync issue” thread that this had been marked as a “critical issue” to be addressed.

You are now here a half year later asking people to help it get prioritized?

Something seems off about that to me I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt mahaffey 07-22-2022 09:00 AM

I run dense sessions but have to enable the Hybrid Engine to overdub constantly. As soon as i turn Hybrid off, my audio is misaligned. I have found that if i simply click "Setup" and then "Playback Engine" and close the window having changed nothing..... everything aligns back properly. Talk about a ghost in the machine. Try it instead of relaunching the session, might save you some time!