Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   PT10 and iLok2 problem (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=311439)

mrpollack 11-09-2011 03:03 AM

PT10 and iLok2 problem

Hi
I just bought RC-Tube from Slate Digital with new iLok2 included and have some strange issue with new iLok2..Sometimes in the middle of session it stops my work and says that there is no PT10 HD licens on my iLok2 nad crashes PT..

Afterwards I have to put iLok2 in to onother usb port ..and sometimes I'm able to start PT again and sometimes not.. What's this time ?!?!?

Greetings,
jacek

Chris Lambrechts 11-09-2011 03:10 AM

Re: PT10 and iLok2 problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpollack (Post 1863251)
Hi
I just bought RC-Tube from Slate Digital with new iLok2 included and have some strange issue with new iLok2..Sometimes in the middle of session it stops my work and says that there is no PT10 HD licens on my iLok2 nad crashes PT..

Afterwards I have to put iLok2 in to onother usb port ..and sometimes I'm able to start PT again and sometimes not.. What's this time ?!?!?

Greetings,
jacek

Hi Jacek,

Sounds like that could be either of the following :

- issue with the ilok drivers : Can you uninstall and reinstall the ilok drivers with the latest from pace : http://www.paceap.com/dldrvr.html

- issue with your USB ports. Are you using any other USB devices that may draw too much power from your USB ports ? Eliminate those devices and see if you can narrow it down like that

- issue with the physical ilok 2 in which case you will need to contact Slate Digital or ilok.com and raise a case with them

Chris

derF 11-09-2011 03:39 AM

I've just had a similar issue on PT10HD running on Lion (10.7.2). I resolved it by reinstalling the ilok/pace drivers. Definitely a bug of some sort. It was regarding Slate's Trigger and the built-in TCE plugin! Odd....

Ant B 11-09-2011 04:06 AM

This happens to me with RC Tube/VCC/PT 10 on iLok 2 also, but it's when I disable my network connection. I get the same warning, but if I simply re-enable the connection all is well. Very annoying.

Win7

Emcha_audio 11-09-2011 04:08 AM

Try moving the slate digital license over the Ilok that holds your pt 10 license. Might solve your problem. You need to go to Ilok.com and log in to your account to do that.

Ant B 11-09-2011 06:17 AM

they're both on the same ilok (ilok2) and the slate digital requires an ilok2

albee1952 11-09-2011 07:19 AM

Have you tweaked all USB ports to turn OFF the power management function?

mrpollack 11-09-2011 09:27 AM

I think Ant B may be right.... During my sessions I usually disable my internet connection/network ..I'll check it out today and see..and I'll try to reinstal ilok drivers too..

Thanks guys for you advices :-)

jacek

TOM@METRO 11-09-2011 10:46 AM

I have had VCC for many months and RC-Tube since the day it was released. I have never had an Internet connection active. I have had this issue with older ilok drivers such as the one installed with some the PT installers, but after updating them with the latest from the Pace website all issues were resolved.

GKinTN 11-09-2011 11:21 AM

It's a long shot but on my system (with both PT9 and PT10) I have conflicts with my Bluetooth adapter hanging off one of my USB ports. Sometimes PT works fine with the Bluetooth adapter plugged in, but other times PT can't find the ILOK2 Pro Tools licenes. If I unplug the adapter, PT then finds the ILOK2. Oddly "turning off" the Bluetooth adapter in software doesn't work. Also my ILOK1 works fine with PT with the Bluetooth adapter left in. Seems the ILOK2 is more finicky about the system.