Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Working With Avid Mojo - Avid QT LE Codecs (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=249040)

SPC 06-28-2009 12:12 PM

Working With Avid Mojo - Avid QT LE Codecs

Hi,

I freelance at 2 companies that use the Avid Mojo. One company uses the regular Avid Mojo and the other uses the Mojo SDI. I'll need to bring sessions worked on at these companies (on Pro Tools HD 7.4), home to my Pro Tools LE 8(with the DV TK2) system where I currently do not own a Mojo. At home, I simply use the Pro Tools movie window displayed onto a second large LCD monitor.

I thought I once saw that when I "saved session copy in..." from the Pro Tools HD/Mojo systems, that video format/codec was something way different than .mov or .dv. I believe it was .mxf which was not readable on my home system. So I'm trying to find a solution in order not to tell the Avid Editors to output as normal for the other 3 in-house audio guys, plus create some second file/pass of a Quicktime video for me and my home setup.

Craig F 06-28-2009 12:54 PM

Re: Working With Avid Mojo

options:
find a deal on a used MOJO
I think there is a mxf plug-in out there for Quick Time
get a copy of Media Composer to convert the mxf to some other codec that QT can play
ask if they could use an Avid codec that is in the Avid codecs for QT (easiest way to get this would be to ask for a copy from the Avid install disk, [why is this not downloadable from the Digi web site])

hef 06-28-2009 09:32 PM

have them make any quicktime for you and just convert it to the DV codec using QT pro or MPEG Streamclip. MPEG Streamclip is free.

edboy7 07-05-2009 06:12 PM

This might to the trick...Works for me from omf to Qt

Do a " bounce to quicktime" option..It will convert the omf video to QT. May take some time though:rolleyes:

CD Productions 07-05-2009 11:05 PM

It takes a very long time. But it does work.

tj_davies 07-06-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edboy7 (Post 1421978)
This might to the trick...Works for me from omf to Qt

Do a " bounce to quicktime" option..It will convert the omf video to QT. May take some time though:rolleyes:

Does the bounce with conversion (with sound disabled) work faster? (press ctrl+alt+cmd while pressing bounce to quicktime)

Timothy

Craig F 07-06-2009 08:57 PM

can we please get a link up in the stickies for the Avid QT codec download?

fenders 07-22-2009 02:41 PM

Re: Working With Avid Mojo - Avid QT LE Codecs

As the download link on avid.com seems to be broken: please try here

We use the AVID QT LE DV25 Codec with Mojo (looks much better than normal QT DV).
But we have 2 problems with it:
1. The tumbnails in Pro Tools timeline are all black.
2. The bigger problem is that, if I bounce to quicktime, the exported movie also is completely black, no matter what format I bounce to...
Can anyone confirm this behaviour?

best regards