Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   M1 Max MacBook Pro Monterey, Kontakt Crashing Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417685)

JJRivers 11-05-2021 04:59 AM

M1 Max MacBook Pro Monterey, Kontakt Crashing Pro Tools

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone else is struggling with Kontakt on Pro Tools 2021.10 (latest version). Ive gone through moving plugins from used to the unused folder.

The Kontakt 5 plugin gets stuck in black Gui as in the attached photo when opening a session. When I move it to the unused folder, the session will load no problem.

Ive gone through uninstalling all NI apps and reinstalled Kontakt 5 but getting the same issue. Ive also trashed PT and NI presences with no luck. The Macbook is running my time machined imported back up and Im not sure whether its worth deleting everything on the HD and installing all plugins trying from scratch but having reinstalled Kontakt 5 via Native Access I don't think it would make a difference but maybe worth a shot?

System: MacBook Pro 14" M1 Max running Mac Osx Monterey (I understand its not supported right now by NI but just thought Id post to see if others are having the same issue).

JFreak 11-05-2021 05:03 AM

Re: M1 Max MacBook Pro Monterey, Kontakt Crashing Pro Tools

Sorry to tell you but you need Kontakt 6

JJRivers 11-05-2021 05:39 AM

I have both Kontakt 5 and 6.

I just tried Kontakt 6 on its own inside of a new Pro Tools session and it gets stuck on the same part while loading the sample instrument.

JFreak 11-05-2021 06:10 AM

I can assure you I have PT 2021.10 running on Monterey M1 mac mini, and Kontakt 6.6.1 loads all my libraries as it should.

JJRivers 11-05-2021 09:07 AM

@JFreak good to hear that! :-) Im trying to figure what is up with it ... could it be some other plugin affecting it, any recommendations?

JFreak 11-05-2021 09:22 AM

Could be. For troubleshooting, move all plugins except Kontakt to the unused folder and try again.

JJRivers 11-08-2021 01:29 AM

Ive moved all the plugins to the unused folder except for Kontakt but still no luck.

Ive created a new Pro Tools Session - I select Konakt and the plugin loads, but when I select one of the Kontakt sample instruments from the side menu it gets stuck and freezes Pro Tools (force quit is the only option).

JFreak 11-08-2021 01:33 AM

That is strange. Are you sure you have updated to latest Kontakt (6.6.1) and also checked that your libraries are updated? In here it seems to work nicely.

JJRivers 11-08-2021 05:21 AM

Hi @JFreak appreciate the reply.

Ive just checked I have the latest Native Access, and it shows all available products are up to date.

Ive tested Kontakt 5 and Kontakt 6 outside of Pro Tools and they are playing the sample libraries fine. They also work fine inside of Logic Pro X.

Is it worth a shot maybe making a new user account in my Mac and testing Pro Tools with Kontakt in there? Cheers!

fredepanduro 11-08-2021 11:00 AM

I'm having the same issues with Kontakt and similar issues with SampleTank 4.
It seems like it's when Pro Tools VI's are trying to load samples in to the plugin it just crashes with spinning/frozen beachball. Both works perfect in standalone mode.
I'm in contact with IK Multimedia support, but they solved it yet.

Hope for a quick fix soon :-)

I'm on a new MacBook Pro 2021 16" M1 Pro , 16GB Ram, 1 TB SSD.
Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1, Pro Tools 2021.10