Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Mbox Pro Driver won't install on Sierra (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=396403)

Dj-Ike 11-04-2017 05:24 AM

Re: Mbox 3rd gen + MacOS Sierra

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj-Ike (Post 2455062)
I think if we can figure out how to reinstall the driver, it may work.

I agree! Anybody know how to do that?

Top Jimmy 12-12-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj-Ike (Post 2455062)
I think if we can figure out how to reinstall the driver, it may work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj-Ike (Post 2457723)
I agree! Anybody know how to do that?

Has anyone run the uninstaller? Has anyone googled about manually uninstalling?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nents-Mac-OS-X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dj-Ike 01-12-2018 04:36 AM

Yeah, I did both. That's what got me into trouble. Now, I can't re-install the driver at all. I didn't uninstall it on my Mac Pro since I wasn't using the Mbox Pro on it, and it still shows up in the control panel. But, on my MacBook Pro, no luck.
Don't know why I even bother, since I do have a working interface from another company, but I really liked the Mbox Pro, and wish it didn't throw itself away:confused:

Dj-Ike 01-15-2018 02:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Top Jimmy, this is what I keep getting.
Installation Failed

Top Jimmy 01-15-2018 07:59 AM

Mbox 3rd gen + MacOS Sierra

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj-Ike (Post 2469119)
Hi Top Jimmy, this is what I keep getting.

Installation Failed

If the installer is failing, have you tried redownloading the driver?

Other than all this, the only other thing I can imagine that would fix your setup is to do a completely fresh format and installation of High Sierra. I don't know if you performed a fresh install from the start, but it has always been the recommended method rather than installing an OS upgrade on top of a previous OS.

Maybe you can start this on an extra drive or partition to see how it works out before reformatting your boot partition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

icamusic 09-13-2021 02:57 PM

Hello Dj-Ike I understood and share your discomfort. Also my M-box 3d generation is useless from the moment I upgrade in Mojave. I found a page where was linked some download for driver update but once I clicked nothing happens. The only thing possible now for me is downgrade the OS of my mac.
But please Avid company could you clarify if there are such update for Mbox 3 in relation with recents mac OS like Mojave or Catalina or big suur? It' a shame to not be able to use anymore this product. At this point I even give up to purchase pro tools 10.5 which I was intentioned to do and maybe pass to logic

Top Jimmy 09-13-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icamusic (Post 2613523)
Hello Dj-Ike I understood and share your discomfort. Also my M-box 3d generation is useless from the moment I upgrade in Mojave. I found a page where was linked some download for driver update but once I clicked nothing happens. The only thing possible now for me is downgrade the OS of my mac.
But please Avid company could you clarify if there are such update for Mbox 3 in relation with recents mac OS like Mojave or Catalina or big suur? It' a shame to not be able to use anymore this product. At this point I even give up to purchase pro tools 10.5 which I was intentioned to do and maybe pass to logic

What seems to be the problem? Until I moved it to a Windows 10 machine, I had an Mbox3 working on Mojave just fine.

icamusic 09-14-2021 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2613562)
What seems to be the problem? Until I moved it to a Windows 10 machine, I had an Mbox3 working on Mojave just fine.

hello thank you for the quick replay! the problem is when I connect the M-box usb it appears "not connected". At first I try to reinstall the drivers from the original avid audio driver disc . "the installation results failed, he installer can't find the software".
I was thinking to find new update drivers in avid website, but it seems there aren't.
what can I do? If you have some suggestion welcome!
Thank you!

Dj-Ike 09-14-2021 05:54 AM

Re: Mbox Pro Driver won't install on Sierra

I just gave up and bought an S3, and a different interface for my MBP. I’m now running Big Sur on my MBP 16 inch, and went back to Mojave on my MacPro 2013. That’s where I use the S3. If Avid finds a way to ‘brick’ the S3, I’ll cry like a baby, then throw tantrums like a toddler. I shelved all of my MBoxes, and my 003. All of which were perfectly usable until Avid decided not to support them any longer :confused I don’t understand why we paid good money for them, and they became useless :confused. I still use ProTools, and really love using it, but the money spent on subscriptions, and dead peripherals makes me wonder 💭
The weird thing is, I bought a fairly cheap interface, and it worked right out of the box! No drivers to install, bus powered, and has the same amount of inputs as my mBox Pro. Of course the preamps are different, but as for now, I just use it for playback.

Top Jimmy 09-14-2021 08:28 AM

Mbox Pro Driver won't install on Sierra

Quote:

Originally Posted by icamusic (Post 2613584)
hello thank you for the quick replay! the problem is when I connect the M-box usb it appears "not connected". At first I try to reinstall the drivers from the original avid audio driver disc . "the installation results failed, he installer can't find the software".
I was thinking to find new update drivers in avid website, but it seems there aren't.
what can I do? If you have some suggestion welcome!
Thank you!

https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/pro-tools-mbox

Chrome sometimes doesn’t parse the download links properly. Try right mouse click and save as, or copy the link and paste it in the url bar.