Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Help! I shrunk Pro Tools! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414944)

1Monty_D3 04-12-2021 06:23 PM

Help! I shrunk Pro Tools!

Help! I don't know what I did, but I made everything tiny! Everything! Somehow I made the whole Pro Tools app, edit window and everything so tiny I can't hardly see it! I can maximize like you can with any window, but everything in it is still teency tiny. Shutting down doesn't help because it opens up the way it was when it's closed.

K Roche 04-13-2021 09:12 AM

Re: Help! I shrunk Pro Tools!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Monty_D3 (Post 2599274)
Help! I don't know what I did, but I made everything tiny! Everything! Somehow I made the whole Pro Tools app, edit window and everything so tiny I can't hardly see it! I can maximize like you can with any window, but everything in it is still teency tiny. Shutting down doesn't help because it opens up the way it was when it's closed.

I am a Mac guy BUT ::

If your sure it is something in PT (and not some view option key stroke in Windows)

Try Trashing Pro Tools Preferences ..................

Before trashing Pro Tools preferences, follow these steps to show hidden folders:

Windows 8 & 10

First before trashing PT preferences.... Click ‘View’ in your File Explorer window, then check Hidden items above Show/hide.

Then ::
Trashing Pro Tools Preferences in Windows
Pro Tools 11, 12, and 2018 (I am assuming 2020 .11)

Close Pro Tools.
Hold the Windows key on your keyboard and press R.
When the Run window appears, type %appdata% and press OK.
Open the Avid folder, and delete the Pro Tools folder.
Restart your computer and launch Pro Tools.

Top Jimmy 04-13-2021 10:36 AM

Windows has a display setting that essentially magnifies the things open on the screen so that they’ll be bigger when opened on a small screen. I forget the name of the setting but it typically defaults to 125% or more on laptops. Look in your display settings for one that increases the size of windows and apps.

1Monty_D3 04-13-2021 10:38 AM

Thanks for the help. It was an emergency situation, so I uninstalled Pro Tools & then re-installed it. The most difficult thing for me to learn was that I had to install the same version of PT.
Back to normal now. Maybe your fix would have been better & saved me time.
I could tell it wasn't a Windows problem because no other windows were affected.

1Monty_D3 04-13-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2599333)
Windows has a display setting that essentially magnifies the things open on the screen so that they’ll be bigger when opened on a small screen. I forget the name of the setting but it typically defaults to 125% or more on laptops. Look in your display settings for one that increases the size of windows and apps.

That's what I thought too. But I couldn't find it. So I ended up uninstalling PT and then re-installing it.
Thanks for your reply & your tip. I'll bet you were right.

1Monty_D3 04-13-2021 10:42 AM

It was an emergency situation, so I uninstalled Pro Tools & then re-installed it. The most difficult thing for me to learn was that I had to install the same version of PT.
Back to normal now.
I could tell it wasn't a Windows problem because no other windows were affected.
Thanks to everyone for your help & tips.

K Roche 04-14-2021 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Monty_D3 (Post 2599337)
It was an emergency situation, so I uninstalled Pro Tools & then re-installed it. The most difficult thing for me to learn was that I had to install the same version of PT.
Back to normal now.
Thanks to everyone for your help & tips.

Just know for future reference that Trashing PT Preferences is often a cure for many problems and is a recommended first step to reinstalling, being much quicker. Because you can trash the folder and simply relaunch.