Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Questions about registration and iLok (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=102457)

LiquidShadows 04-06-2004 05:49 AM

Questions about registration and iLok

Hi,

I'm a new owner of a brand new Mbox/6.1.1/WinXP. I was thinking with the imminent upgrade to 6.4 that I should send in my registration. I sat down with it and came to the field iLok id...

I've managed to deduce that its some sort of smart card I should have got in the Mbox package to register the BF plugins and move my licenses around? But I can't seem to find it.

If I get an iLok reader and the card and the software will the plugins that now complain about iLok work? Is iLok anything to worry about if I'm just going to use one PC and also, is the iLok field on the reg. card mandatory? It doesent say. I'm confused about this whole thing.

I searched for iLok and read some posts but it was all to do with moving from PC to MAC or some other issues.

I've beeen reading posts here for a few weeks you all seems like a nice bunch of people.

Help appreciated!

// Andreas

Bazzle 04-06-2004 05:57 AM

Re: Questions about registration and iLok

The Ilok is a USB dongle that you purchase from the Digi store. Ilok

LiquidShadows 04-06-2004 06:04 AM

Yes, but what is it for? Is it only for moving licences around? Say, when I plug in the iLok and register. Does it then download information that I am a registered customer at Digidesign and lets me use my plugins without reminding me of iLok? Like I asked in the first post. Do I need one? Hehe.

Bazzle 04-06-2004 06:12 AM

No you don't need one.But if you want to use other plugins than the ones that came with your Mbox you will need it.Not all manufacturers require it but a lot do.Yes you download and store your licenses on it.

LiquidShadows 04-06-2004 06:21 AM

Ok, this clears up a lot. Thank you!

Bazzle 04-06-2004 06:22 AM

Your welcome

Dr Beamus 04-07-2004 02:00 PM

Question on the same topic, sort of...

Just got the MBox Factory Bundle from Digi, which came with a pre-authorized ILok. I had to give my serial # to the DigiStore to purchase.

The card inside the box says "In order to register your Factory Bundle please affix the enclosed sticker to the Pro Tools LE Registration Card" OK, fine. But, no sticker, no card.

Any clues? It seems that by giving my name, rank and serial number when purchasing that I would be "registered" already as a licenced user.

Bazzle? Tele? Cliffy?

thanks,

Beamus

Bazzle 04-07-2004 02:19 PM

If it's working for you, don't worry be happy. If it's not

Cliffy_Boy 04-07-2004 03:09 PM

You must have recieved the large cardboard registration card. It has a barcode on it with the s/n of your Mbox. If not, it means you bought a previously owned Mbox.

Bazzle 04-07-2004 03:18 PM

Cliffy I think Beamus means he bought the software bundle.I think he already had the Mbox.I could be wrong..Beamus u there?