Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   key-commands messed up (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=316772)

Frank Kruse 02-03-2012 09:28 AM

key-commands messed up

Today my key-command suddenly were messed up.

First apple-M stopped working. When checking the Edit-Menu I noticed that "Mute Clips" showed alt-shift3 as the key command which is actually consolidate and "Consolidate" was set to apple-H which usually is "heal".

Anyone seen this before.

I made a screen capture if you´re interested.

Frank.

Postman 02-03-2012 02:15 PM

Re: key-commands messed up

I've seen PT10 interface behave very oddly after my display goes to sleep. Nothing that crashes the machine, but commands that behave differently, irregularly

tamasdragon 02-04-2012 07:35 AM

I have never seen something like this. Please, give us a screenshot, it is scary.
With huge sessions sometimes I have weird graphical things, but nothing this serious.

Frank Kruse 02-04-2012 10:18 AM

I´ll post the capture on monday.

Vedat 02-05-2012 08:11 PM

Using the scrub wheel on the D-Control my option, shift, command keys interchange roles momentarily sometimes. :eek:
Only on 10 and Lion.

Frank Kruse 02-06-2012 02:19 AM

Screen capture

(hit command minus if it´s too big in Safari)

As you can see "mute" is suddenly alt-shift-3 and when you select mute from the menu it will actually consolidate over the region. When I hit apple-M, nothing happens.

Never seen this since I moved to PT at version 5.0.

Postman 02-06-2012 05:43 AM

Odd one Frank. Has anyone else experienced the DELETE key stop working? It's happened to me two or three times this year in PT10 (Mac 10.6.8), relaunch Pro Tools fixes it.

thierryd 02-06-2012 08:58 AM

Although I like PT10 a lot, it sometimes acts weird and relaunching always helps (out of habit I will restart the computer, to start with everything fresh).
Activating and de-activating tracks, especially in combination with importing tracks from other sessions, preferably in an almost maxed out PT session, will result in a guaranteed PT crash or odd behaviour after a while.
Otherwise I'm doing a dialog driven film right now in a way I wouldn't have dreamed before: a super session with 5 reels on a single 10.0.1 HD3 Harpertown OS10.6.7 system with all 192 voices used and all source tracks running native plug-ins, with stems going to aux tracks (I don't have enough voices to activate the rec stems and record them only when ready, by de-activating the music tracks and then recording DIA and SFX stems, restarting afterwards :-) In this session I have DIA tracks with Field Recorder Guide Track activated, making it possible to select alternate tracks from the rushes when necessary (though making the session start slower, because of a lot of metadata searching in the activity monitor). This scenario wouldn't be possible with any previous PT version.
I do miss some D-Control features from PT8 that are broken in PT10 though...

Greetings,

Thierry