Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   'Installation Failed' installing Pro Tools MP 8.0.2 on OS X Lion (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=322808)

FuryMuso 05-19-2012 04:01 AM

'Installation Failed' installing Pro Tools MP 8.0.2 on OS X Lion

Hi. I've bought Pro Tools M-Powered essential/M-Audio with a small fast track recording interface unit, but there is a problem with installing the Pro Tools DVD. Each time the installation gets to the very end of the installation it fails with the message 'The Installation Failed' and says I need to contact the manufacturer. It also says about downloading different drivers, but that hasn't solved the problem.
I also have studio 1 and a friends mbox unit worked fine on that and allowed recording etc, but when I tried connecting the fast track device to studio 1, it wouldn't really connect and I couldn't get a signal to record anything.
I was wondering if there was anything that could be done to solve these issues.
Thanks.

TwoEdgedSword 05-20-2012 08:58 PM

Re: 'Installation Failed' installing Pro Tools MP 8.0.2 on OS X Lion

PT 8 isn't supported on Lion. :(

biggsoopd 06-02-2012 09:50 PM

Hi Fury,
I'm new to the forum but I saw your post and may be this will help. I'm currently running Pro Tools LE 8.5 on Lion 10.7.4 with no flaws at all. In fact I owned PT 9 and sold it due to all the bugs and went back to PT LE 8.5 and have not had any regrets. I know you mentioned you are running the MP version but the steps are the same. I just set a buddy's system up last week. Before you install anything there are 3 steps to do. 1) Go to Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plugins(DRAG THIS FOLDER TO YOUR DESKTOP)only if you have other plugins other than ones included in the PT install. 2) Delete the design folder you just went to in Application support. 3) Go to your User Name/Applications/Digidesign(DELETE THIS FOLDER). Now only after completing the previous 3 steps can you get started. What I did was clean install PT LE 8.0 FULL INSTALL( NOT THE UPGRADE) this is very important. After installing and restarting your system install the PT LE 8.5(UPGRADE) system will restart and your almost there. Now will be the time to install the latest M-Audio driver for audio interface you own. This may require a system restart as well. Last step is to make sure your ilok has the proper auth for MP PT 8.5. If had plugins that you used in the plugin folder on the desktop now would be the time to place the back.When opening up PT you may be prompted to type your serial in so have on hand, If you follow these steps correctly your should be up and running in no time.

Hope this helps!:D

TwoEdgedSword 06-03-2012 03:12 PM

Fury,

If you try that and it works, let me know. I haven't upgraded to the Lion OS yet because of this same issue. I'd like to know how it works for an MP user.