Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   can not connect HUI (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=416136)

walterreuther 07-08-2021 10:26 AM

can not connect HUI

can not get HUI transport controls to operate for neither my MK3 or impluse 49. Tried periphals many times always the same error message. Pro tools can not communicate with HUI controller. Side note: very happy to be here and possibly 1) one day be a very helpful resource to this community and 2) get actual answers to my questions rather than pray if find the exact issue on youtube

If i break a code of conduct or social norm please gently nudge me to do better. I def will.

First post. very hopeful. Nice to meet you all.

All of my system info is listed on my profile. happy to relist if that is what is expected in these forums.

albee1952 07-08-2021 12:19 PM

Re: can not connect HUI

Assuming Windows, make sure you have disabled Power Management on all USB ports(aka USB Root Hub in Device Manager).

Top Jimmy 07-08-2021 11:22 PM

Don’t know about the MK3 but on the Impulse are you still using automap or have you updated the firmware to get HUI without automap? Are you using the correct virtual HUI ports created by the impulse driver? Are you putting the Impulse into HUI mode before starting Pro Tools?

walterreuther 07-19-2021 04:36 PM

Windows 10 OS

thank you Jimmy and Dave for taking the time to respond. To Jimmy, yes I did the firmware update, no to hui mode first as 1) not listed in my templates/ modes
2) my understanding from Novation was that the HUI heartbeat was sent from pro tools and would only function as such once that heartbeat was received.
3) Yes i was using the correct emulators

Please correct me where I am wrong Jimmy but also please read further

To Dave, once i took away root power, boom, heartbeat received and HUI works flawlessly with the Impulse 49. It even, for reasons beyond me, still functions as a midi controller when I run Maschine as Instrument track plug in. Which is REALLY BLOWING MY MIND since the only way i could pull that off before was thru the midi setup menu, not peripherals. So thank you.

Having said all of that, it does seem odd to me that I STILL cant get the MK3 to act as a hui no matter what template I have configured on NI controller editor and active on MK3. Pro tools will not recognize it as a M Audio Keyboard or a HUI. Yes I am using the right emulators.

Nonetheless, I am longer letting it disrupt my work flow. If the members of this board are like myself, getting it to work is one thing. Knowing why it didn't work before is another thing entirely. For the moment I am inclined to believe it was the root power usb issue although I have no idea why. Jimmy, did you ever have an issue on root power usb?