Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Recovering RTAS plugin settings from old session (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414024)

lavastudios 02-10-2021 09:39 AM

Recovering RTAS plugin settings from old session

Hey gang,

So I've got to go back to some mixes that were done on PT10 with RTAS plugins. Does anyone know if there's a way I can recover the settings for the missing RTAS plugins so that I can open them in AU/VST form via Blue Cat PatchWork or a similar wrapper tool? In the past I have done this by opening PT10 and saving all the plugin settings as custom presets, then opening those presets in AU/VST versions of those plugins via Blue Cat PatchWork, but I no longer have a machine with a PT10 install. Is there another way?

Thanks!
Simon

musicman691 02-11-2021 04:49 AM

Re: Recovering RTAS plugin settings from old session

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavastudios (Post 2593007)
Hey gang,

So I've got to go back to some mixes that were done on PT10 with RTAS plugins. Does anyone know if there's a way I can recover the settings for the missing RTAS plugins so that I can open them in AU/VST form via Blue Cat PatchWork or a similar wrapper tool? In the past I have done this by opening PT10 and saving all the plugin settings as custom presets, then opening those presets in AU/VST versions of those plugins via Blue Cat PatchWork, but I no longer have a machine with a PT10 install. Is there another way?

Thanks!
Simon

Not that I know of.
Why do you have two threads on the same subject? Not cool and against the TOS. Maybe one of the mods can delete the duplicate thread.

lavastudios 02-11-2021 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2593144)
Not that I know of.
Why do you have two threads on the same subject? Not cool and against the TOS. Maybe one of the mods can delete the duplicate thread.

I'm not sure what happened there. Clearly not intentional though - I posted once and it didn't show up at all. I hit the back button and the text I'd written was still there but it wouldn't let me submit the post, said I already did. I copied the text so I wouldn't lose it then waited a couple of hours and it still wasn't showing up as a thread, so I just created a new thread. I couldn't see a duplicate at the time, but now I can :confused:

milet22 08-15-2022 05:07 PM

Simon, did you ever find a workaround? I'm experiencing the same situation / need.

musicman691 08-15-2022 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milet22 (Post 2644567)
Simon, did you ever find a workaround? I'm experiencing the same situation / need.

Who are you talking to?

albee1952 08-17-2022 01:06 PM

Back to the original issue, I see only 2 options:
1-find someone with an older setup, open the sessions and take notes or screen shots of the settings you need.
2-don't be afraid to just start over with a different but similar plugin.

Some plugins did not make the transition intact(why those plugins won't come up on newer systems). If you consider how often before DAW's, when engineers had to resurrect a complete mix with next to nothing to go on, we are still miles ahead on recalling a mix. Personally, the few times this issue hit here(and it has), I simply take it as a challenge to better the old mix(and I usually do). That might happen due to newer and better plugin options, or it might be down to fresh ears:o

If you mention the plugins you are wishing for, I bet the folks here will have some good suggestions for substitutes:D