Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   11 buses suddenly white not yellow (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=372879)

Billair 10-09-2015 02:30 AM

11 buses suddenly white not yellow

1 Attachment(s)
running 11.3.1, this has been happening to me for a while now but i'm mixing and decide to send my drums say, to a reverb so i create a stereo aux, plugin a verb, send from drum aux to verb aux, the meter is pumping but the sound hasn't changed, input is going into my 140 (say) but it doesn't sound any diff. so i go look at the bus and bus 15-16 say, is white. so then i change it to the default reverb bus that is yellow and go back to it and it's white? am i missing something, is this something you guys have covered

btw, i'm running mac pro 3.03 12 core 48 g ram hd omni ... mavericks 9.5

i just went through hell and back trying to move to 11.3.2 but thats another story... any suggestions on the bus white ****e anyone?:mad:Attachment 5175

demodigi 10-09-2015 07:16 AM

Re: 11 buses suddenly white not yellow

I don't understand : what's your issue ?

From the Aux point of view (= as a bus receiver), bold yellow means the bus is already assigned/used by another Aux (or Instrument, or Rec_Armed audio, or a side-chain comp input) track.

Ticked white confirms that that bus is assign to that aux track but not any other. Unticked White means free busses.
=> that's what you get, as you have a signal in your input (I don't know why you can't here your reverb, but it's something else, maybe a wet/dry level adjustment ?)

From the send point of view (as an emitter toward a bus), bold yellow means the bus is already assigned to, at least, one receiver (=Aux, or Instrument, or Rec_Armed audio track, or a side-chain comp input), ticked means it is assign to that (those) bus(ses), white means the bus isn't used (at all = not terminated).

If you're not sure, right-click* on your Aux input, or one of your Sends, and choose "Show Only Assignements to reverb bus" (right-clic on "Restore Previously Shown Tracks" to revert back).

* a real right-click (not CTRL+Click)

Rich Breen 10-09-2015 08:13 AM

picture of screen is too fuzzy to help - try a regular screenshot.

studiorat67 06-22-2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demodigi (Post 2301707)
I don't understand : what's your issue ?

From the Aux point of view (= as a bus receiver), bold yellow means the bus is already assigned/used by another Aux (or Instrument, or Rec_Armed audio, or a side-chain comp input) track.

WOW DUDE YOUR A ****ING DICK Thats not what he was complaining about get over yourself he was pointing out that it was working as normal and now suddenly its a different color

Emcha_audio 06-23-2022 12:25 AM

I'm closing the thread temporarily until tempers cooldown. There's no reason for such language here.

Emcha_audio 06-23-2022 10:06 AM

Thread reopened, play nice people.

Sardi 06-23-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emcha_audio (Post 2640117)
Thread reopened, play nice people.

Why bother?

An abusive comment bumping a 7yo thread? What’s the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darryl Ramm 06-23-2022 04:45 PM

Toss 'em out of the clubhouse. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ben Jenssen 06-23-2022 05:34 PM

Yea. Hang 'em. :eek:

Ben Jenssen 06-23-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2640204)
Yea. Hang 'em. :eek:

Just a bit of fun, you understand :o

Ben Jenssen 06-23-2022 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2640206)
Just a bit of fun, you understand :o

Not the hanging, obviously…

Bugger.
Sorry.