Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   IK Multimedia's ARC room correction (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=223140)

bryanbassett 06-10-2008 12:52 PM

IK Multimedia\'s ARC room correction

Any one using this plugin? I'm working in a converted garage with several standing waves, thanks

I did several searches to no results.
Thanks

Hillbilly Pav 06-10-2008 02:08 PM

Re: IK Multimedia\'s ARC room correction

I don't know how it would be in a pro designed and treated room, but in my home LE system it has transformed the monitors. I can hear things in the mix I could never hear before.

It is the best piece of software I have ever purchased for my home setup.

wolfman_rob 06-10-2008 02:53 PM

I have it It isnt Perfect and Doesnt take The Place of Room Placement but it has Made A Huge Difference in the Way My Mixes Translate.

Cant Wait till i get My Room Finished and Get the Treatment Up . I am Sure with the Two the Room Will Be Almost Perfect.

bryanbassett 06-11-2008 08:22 AM

Thanks for the replies, I think it will help me in my improptu studio. I have some treatment but no way to really correct the basic room dimension flaws.

bb

c-tone 06-11-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Any one using this plugin? I'm working in a converted garage with several standing waves, thanks

I did several searches to no results.
Thanks

The DUC search function doesn't work too well when entering "ARC", but here is the thread that had a pretty lively discussion about it (and other similar products).

Imagine 06-11-2008 07:02 PM

What I don't like about it is when you're ready to mix, you have to bypass the ARC plug in, so your mixes technically sound the way they used to, before purchasing the ARC. Your tracks may be better mixed, but unlike monitors with built in Room Mode Correction, the ARC takes a little getting used to.

A treated room or monitors with built in Room Mode Correction, is still the way to go, IMO.

psycho_monkey 06-14-2008 03:00 PM

A treated room is absolutely the best way to go.

Not saying that ARC isn't of any use, but there's a definite limit as to how effective it'll be.

You'd be much better off building or buying some bass trapping (to correct your standing waves), THEN looking to ARC if needsbe.

Only if you've got no space at all to set up bass traps should you really be looking to software to solve problems.

BKR 06-17-2008 09:34 AM

Just to chime in......I did a review of ARC for Mix Magazine and have been using it ever since. Sure your room has to be acoustically treated and this software dials your monitors right in. I love it!

I might add that using it is the easiest in Pro Tools since a lot of people mix to two new tracks ITB, just put ARC on the interface path to your monitor system. I import CDs into a session so I can hear them "corrected" in my room. I wish IK or somebody made a hardware box that held the system so you could put it anywhere outside of Pro Tools.

Actually the KRK Ergo system is just that but you are buying other hardware along with it you probably don't need.

Anyway, if you like, read my review at: http://www.barryrudolph.com/mix/arc.html

Cheers!
BR

Bart HLH 06-17-2008 10:10 AM

Has anyone tried the Genelec 8250A's with AutoCAl? I've read some good reviews and am thinking of getting a pair.

badboymusic 06-17-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Has anyone tried the Genelec 8250A's with AutoCAl? I've read some good reviews and am thinking of getting a pair.

No, but I own the JBL LSR 4328's which have their own version; RMC "Room Mode Correction" I am very pleased with them.