Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Eucon2MIDI - app to convert Artist Control fader movements to MIDI CC data (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398746)

iriswallner 04-19-2018 04:51 AM

Eucon2MIDI - app to convert Artist Control fader movements to MIDI CC data

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody,

I always wanted to use the four faders of my Arist/MC Control to control MIDI CC's on virtual instruments instead of mixing (I use my Artist Mix for that). Unfortunately that was not possible, and so I decided to write my own app for it. It's still in the middle of development and so it's not very flexible, but it already does the job great.

EuCon2MIDI is a small program that runs in the background and monitors a selected network adapter and IP address for incoming data from the four faders. When this data is received, it is downscaled to values from 0-127 and corresponding MIDI controller data is sent out to a specified CC number. The four faders have to be assigned to <blank strip> in EuControl of course.

The app uses WinPcap and needs a virtual MIDI port to connect to the DAW, for example loopMIDI. It is Windows only at the moment.

I wanted to ask if there is anybody else who needs this functionality. If so, I am thinking about making it publicly available.

BScout 04-19-2018 06:29 AM

Re: Eucon2MIDI - app to convert Artist Control fader movements to MIDI CC data

Hopefully you are sending 0-127 and not 0-128.

I know quite a few people who would like this (have wanted it.) Unfortunately most are on Macs.

Also, any reason to stop at 4 faders instead of 8? There are more Mixes out there and the ability to use those faders (any of them) would be more appealing

espron 04-20-2018 08:02 AM

If you could convert the control room knob to midi CC you could use it to control the volume fader of Source-VC. That would be really cool. Need it to run on a Mac though.

Espen

iriswallner 04-20-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2485384)
Hopefully you are sending 0-127 and not 0-128.

I know quite a few people who would like this (have wanted it.) Unfortunately most are on Macs.

Also, any reason to stop at 4 faders instead of 8? There are more Mixes out there and the ability to use those faders (any of them) would be more appealing

Yes sure, 0-127 :) It would definitely be no problem to convert more faders. I also thought about a Mac version and this seems to be doable with a little research and experimentation.

iriswallner 04-20-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espron (Post 2485551)
If you could convert the control room knob to midi CC you could use it to control the volume fader of Source-VC. That would be really cool. Need it to run on a Mac though.

Espen

I have to investigate this, but I think it should be no problem to do it. The question is, where to stop then - I guess everybody has different needs and suggestions...

Jazzbass56 04-20-2018 11:08 AM

I just want to say thank you...this is awesome, I have been wanting to control midi CC with the fader's on the artist mix, or Dock..but I'm on a Mac as well as PC so porting to the mac would be helpful.
But again, I really appreciate your effort...

BScout 04-20-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriswallner (Post 2485567)
Yes sure, 0-127 :) It would definitely be no problem to convert more faders. I also thought about a Mac version and this seems to be doable with a little research and experimentation.

This would be great. I know quite a few who would be interested. 4 faders Eucon full, 4 faders MIDI. I would assume you could map the knobs too on the mix? The knob controls (pan especially) would give 8 MIDI controls in total when using it half/half. Plus I imagine flip would still work from the Artist Mix.

I would not bother with the control room knob -- that operates differently than the others.

chocobo 06-17-2020 06:20 PM

I'm 2 years late to the party, but I would absolutely love to try this tool out. The inflexibility of the controllers regarding automation is huge.

KeyplayerG 06-21-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocobo (Post 2569932)
I'm 2 years late to the party, but I would absolutely love to try this tool out. The inflexibility of the controllers regarding automation is huge.

+1 What ever happened on this? Did you finish developing it?:confused:

Timebandit2 08-17-2020 04:27 PM

Just found this thread, is this little all still available, would lo e to try it!