Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Audiosuite plugins crashing Protools 2022.6 on MAC M1 Max (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420842)

paulo m 07-06-2022 04:53 AM

Audiosuite plugins crashing Protools 2022.6 on MAC M1 Max

Installed Nexis 2022.5 client on a brand new M1 Max Studio. Getting a lot of crashes when using Audiosuite processing, AVID plugins included. Running version 2022.2 plugins on the AVID side.

Having a session run on the internal disk of the MAC crashes Protools as well when using Audiosuite, although not as often.

Tried to run sessions from a QNAP NAS that we use as nearline and no problems at all.

Security is reduced on the MAC as recommended and all settings as stated on the manual. Running PT 2022.6. MAC OS Monterey 12.3.

Looks like the Nexis 2022.5 client is not yet up to the job, regarding Monterey.

Does anybody having a similar problem? Thanks

colinato 07-06-2022 09:18 AM

Re: Audiosuite plugins crashing Protools 2022.6 on MAC M1 Max

I was just speaking with a colleague a few days ago regarding this exact issue. Crashes or spinning wheels when using audio suite plugins while connected to the Nexis. Disconnecting from the Nexis completely and working off another drive solved the issue. You are not alone.

paulo m 07-06-2022 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colinato (Post 2641267)
I was just speaking with a colleague a few days ago regarding this exact issue. Crashes or spinning wheels when using audio suite plugins while connected to the Nexis. Disconnecting from the Nexis completely and working off another drive solved the issue. You are not alone.

Hummm, OK, thanks for the reply. Any ideas about what may be causing this?

StefB 07-07-2022 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colinato (Post 2641267)

Upgrade Nexis to version 2022.5 (Also all the clients) It solved all the issue here.

Never had issues on audiosuite though - on Mac Mini M1 or Mac Studio M1 (Max or Pro) or macbook Pro Max.

hilldp44 09-13-2022 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulo m (Post 2641316)
Hummm, OK, thanks for the reply. Any ideas about what may be causing this?

Hey I'm currently on a similar system experiencing the exact same issues, did you ever solve this?

paulo m 09-13-2022 03:51 PM

Nope! Our local AVID dealer opened a ticket on support and apparently AVID is aware of the issue but thereīs no date for fixing it.

paulo m 10-14-2022 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilldp44 (Post 2646896)
Hey I'm currently on a similar system experiencing the exact same issues, did you ever solve this?

Did you manage to get it solved in the mean time? I spoke to a person from AVID and they are working on a fix, although thereīs no resolution yet.
We have the 2022.5 on both server and client app and installed the latest PT version as well as Monterey security fixes. Really frustrating as apparently and according to AVIDīs information on their site, everything should be compatible, but itīs not really the case.

hilldp44 10-15-2022 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulo m (Post 2650284)
Did you manage to get it solved in the mean time? I spoke to a person from AVID and they are working on a fix, although thereīs no resolution yet.
We have the 2022.5 on both server and client app and installed the latest PT version as well as Monterey security fixes. Really frustrating as apparently and according to AVIDīs information on their site, everything should be compatible, but itīs not really the case.

Unfortunately not. We opened another case and they seemed unaware of the details of the issue, so we provided a bunch of crash reports, activity logs etc. Meanwhile we have had to set that new M1 Mac studio computer aside and reinstall my old computer so we can work properly until it is fixed (who knows when?) A pretty crippling issue.

paulo m 10-15-2022 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilldp44 (Post 2650379)
Unfortunately not. We opened another case and they seemed unaware of the details of the issue, so we provided a bunch of crash reports, activity logs etc. Meanwhile we have had to set that new M1 Mac studio computer aside and reinstall my old computer so we can work properly until it is fixed (who knows when?) A pretty crippling issue.

Indeed, our MAC Studio is also not being used much and that is preventing us to work as intended. Itīs weird that everything is up to spec and following AVIDīs compatibility charts and this is not even listed on the known bugs list.

StefB 10-21-2022 01:39 PM

Nexis 2022.9 is available - maybe there is hope...

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Documentation