Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Error code -39 Logical end of file reached?? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=174538)

vanhanson 08-13-2006 09:58 AM

Error code -39 Logical end of file reached??

I'm using the digi 002 with pro tools LE 6.4 on a mac g5. I'm trying to open a file and It won't open and gives me this error code and explanation. I hope some one out there can help me. Pleeeese.

kelsey 08-13-2006 10:41 AM

Re: Error code -39 Logical end of file reached??

Is this a session file or an audio file? There is a limit to the lenght/file size of an audio file that PT can handle. Just a thought.

vanhanson 08-13-2006 02:22 PM

Thanks for the reply. This is a session file.

vanhanson 08-13-2006 04:46 PM

I'm also getting neo access error messages on other sessions.

kelsey 08-13-2006 06:08 PM

have you tried creating a new session, then importing all of the session data into your new session? It doesn't answer the error code, but if your session file got corrupted, it could work.

vanhanson 08-14-2006 10:27 AM

Thanks for the reply.
I just tried that and ended up with the same message: logical-end-of-file-reached (-39)
However , by trashing the databases i fixed my neo access problem.
Thanks again for any help you can give me.

kelsey 08-15-2006 12:28 AM

Is this only on one session, on every one you try to open? If it's a perticular session, if you want to zip the session file only, and email it to me, I can try to open it, to see if the session is corrupted.

[email protected]

DigiTechSupt 08-15-2006 10:41 AM

How was this session backed up? Was it ever on a Windows formatted drive or transferred over a network?

If so, resource data probably has been stripped. Can you get to the original backup again? Do all the audio files and session files have their proper extensions?

vanhanson 08-15-2006 04:54 PM

Thanks for the reply. I backed up the session on cd. Never on a windows drive and never transferred over a network I've tried to open it from the back up cd and I get the same message.
I'm not sure about the proper extensions. How do I find that out.
Thanks again for your help.

vanhanson 08-15-2006 04:55 PM

Thanks for the reply. I backed up the session on cd. Never on a windows drive and never transferred over a network I've tried to open it from the back up cd and I get the same message.
I'm not sure about the proper extensions. How do I find that out.
Thanks again for your help.
I checked the size of the session. It is close to 500 mb.