Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Riad 02-11-2005 01:44 PM

Re: Latest stuff

Quote:

Quote:

The bass was run through an Tech21 SansAmp RBI

I might just have to get myself one of these...I'm not really a bass player, but it would be nice to get a better sound of my bass tracks.

nice work.

bp

I'm a big fan, it's one of the best $250 studio purchases I've made.

guitarstewman 02-11-2005 01:47 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

thanks rocketeer

Matt Whritenour 02-11-2005 04:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The bass was run through an Tech21 SansAmp RBI

I might just have to get myself one of these...I'm not really a bass player, but it would be nice to get a better sound of my bass tracks.

nice work.

bp

I'm a big fan, it's one of the best $250 studio purchases I've made.

i second this. where did u get it for 250? i got mine for 300 but i want to get another one , because i also play bass for my band and it's a pain to always have to take the sansamp out of my rack of live gear and put it in with my recording stuff, so i'd rather have one for each =)

Riad 02-11-2005 05:13 PM

I bought it at sam ash in the city, maybe it was about $300 with tax, don't remember the exact amount but it sounds great!!

Roy Howell 02-11-2005 05:44 PM

stewie-
Quote:

hello everyone. i have never posted in this section but i will start now and would like some feedback if anybody has the time to check out the latest band i've recorded. you can find the music at www.purevolume.com/newatlantic . they are streams so keep that in mind. it is the first 4 songs on there you can view them all until the 21st then i think they will take a few down. thanks.

stew

Stew,
Almost missed your post...'Blue Eyes' is great...I really do love the vocals on this, the instrumentation, and the song itself. Acoustic guitars sound great with the piano, which shines by itself toward the end.
This song is the only downloadable mp3, which I prefer, so I haven't heard the others yet. Will probably listen to them later.......but, great job by all on this.

You other guys should check it out.....very nice.

-Roy

Riad 02-12-2005 06:54 AM

Quote:

stewie-
Quote:

hello everyone. i have never posted in this section but i will start now and would like some feedback if anybody has the time to check out the latest band i've recorded. you can find the music at www.purevolume.com/newatlantic . they are streams so keep that in mind. it is the first 4 songs on there you can view them all until the 21st then i think they will take a few down. thanks.

stew

Stew,
Almost missed your post...'Blue Eyes' is great...I really do love the vocals on this, the instrumentation, and the song itself. Acoustic guitars sound great with the piano, which shines by itself toward the end.
This song is the only downloadable mp3, which I prefer, so I haven't heard the others yet. Will probably listen to them later.......but, great job by all on this.

You other guys should check it out.....very nice.

-Roy

I also liked the song, especially the vocals and guitar. I would have liked to hear a bit more drum, sounds like the drum was mic'd via a room mic and overheads only so the snare and kick don't sound as tight as I would have liked. I wouldn't want to turn the song into a hard rock tune, but just some very subtle drum adjustments.

Otherwise it's a great song, nice job.

Rob

badperson 02-12-2005 07:51 AM

yeah, "blue eyes" sounds really good. It sounds like you're recording in a really good sounding room.

I'd be curious to hear what kind of gear you guys are using. Very nice work.

bp

Russell Stafford 02-12-2005 09:29 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

My latest effort. It's called "haunting you"

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/defaul...&content=music

Riad 02-13-2005 05:43 PM

OK, one more... just finished mixing this tonight... it doesn't pass the test until I listen to it in my car tomorrow

Embers

IntelDoc 02-14-2005 09:27 AM

Riad,
Sounds good man, been meaning to throw it through the system at home. That RBI is great eh! I use mine still, but I tell ya, that DEMETER TUBE Pre I bought! DEAR GOD does it have a killer tone! Incredibly fat sounding, and full. Tops that through the 1176 and BOOOOMMMM!!!!! killer tone!

Good deal on the tune though! Sounds great!

- Doc