Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   "Installation of SynthCell (or GrooveCell) got corrupted" error (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420162)

cris2607 05-10-2022 02:35 AM

"Installation of SynthCell (or GrooveCell) got corrupted" error

2 Attachment(s)
hi , i ve upgrade my protools to " studio " . i ve installed groove cell and synth cell but there are problem ..

pro tools send me message that say the file is " corrupted "..

can anyone help me ?

thanks

simonchase 05-10-2022 03:15 AM

Re: problem groove cell / synth cell

I had this too

K Roche 05-10-2022 06:05 AM

Humm ? I would say trash them from your system completely and then re-download and re-install
Both are working fine here on 2021.12 I will try also on my partition of 2022.4 and report back.

jeffro 05-13-2022 05:36 PM

Did re-installing solve it for you? If not, please reply with the specific versions of OS, PT, and GrooveCell/SynthCell. Thanks!

jeffro 06-30-2022 09:46 AM

We made some improvements in the 2022.6 release which should prevent this from occurring. Please reply with more specific details if you see this again. Thanks!

cstricker 07-01-2022 07:05 AM

Re: "Installation of SynthCell (or GrooveCell) got corrupted" error

I am experiencing the same corrupt error regardless of re-start or re-install and I am running the new updated 2022.6. Also SynthCell will not install. it just loops from install...to installing...to install in Avid Link. I have also attempted to download and install from website.

In Avid Link GrooveCell is showing "Current" and SynthCell shows "Install"

Radarhus 07-04-2022 04:17 AM

Hi everyone, I've recently installed Pro Tools Studio (2022.6) and there's exactly the same issue. GrooveCell reported 'corrupted' and neither restarting Pro Tools, nor reinstalling GrooveCell works. In my opinion, everything points to some sort of a bug on Avid's side.

Setup overview: Pro Tools Studio (2022.6), macOS 10.14.6, MacBook Pro 13" (mid-2014)

Radarhus 07-04-2022 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2640734)
We made some improvements in the 2022.6 release which should prevent this from occurring. Please reply with more specific details if you see this again. Thanks!

Apparently, this hasn't fixed the issue completely (see my post above).

jeffro 07-07-2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radarhus (Post 2641102)
Hi everyone, I've recently installed Pro Tools Studio (2022.6) and there's exactly the same issue. GrooveCell reported 'corrupted' and neither restarting Pro Tools, nor reinstalling GrooveCell works. In my opinion, everything points to some sort of a bug on Avid's side.

Setup overview: Pro Tools Studio (2022.6), macOS 10.14.6, MacBook Pro 13" (mid-2014)

Please delete GrooveCell.aaxplugin from /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins and the GrooveCell folder from /Library/Application Support/Avid then re-install it from a fresh download from my.avid.com/products > Pro Tools Studio -or- Avid Link and let us know the results. Thank you!

Radarhus 07-08-2022 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2641422)
Please delete GrooveCell.aaxplugin from /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins and the GrooveCell folder from /Library/Application Support/Avid then re-install it from a fresh download from my.avid.com/products > Pro Tools Studio -or- Avid Link and let us know the results. Thank you!

Hi, many thanks for your reply and advice! It works fine now on my Mac. Cheers!