Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   cc burning software mac but NOT JAM (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=103588)

khansen 04-19-2004 05:06 AM

cc burning software mac but NOT JAM

Hi - Am fed up with Jam 6. Is there another Mac program anyone can recommend besides roxio Jam? thanks. khvt

bassbuddy 04-19-2004 09:13 AM

Re: cc burning software mac but NOT JAM

What's the problem? I have used Jam and Toast for a couple of years with absolutely no problems or glitches. Sorry, can't help you with any other software.

kenny

khansen 04-19-2004 09:37 AM

Hi Kenny, thanks for responding...I used Jam with OS9 for years & it worked great. Got an Imac (10.2.8 & PTools 6.1.2) & just received the new Toast with Jam 6. Installed it & suddenly scrolling was slow & quirky when trying to add a track, then I couldn't save the cd with the name I wanted. I would open it again & it would be called My Cd. And I couldn't add a track (once I saved it) with the correct name on track. Then I tried to burn a bunch of cds & they came out all distorted & crackly. It's not my writer because Toast & iTunes can burn. Went on the Roxio discussion board & other people seem to be having similar problems. I can live with the other stuff, but what could the crackly audio thing be? Any advice is appreciated!! khvt

khansen 04-20-2004 09:28 AM

bump

Could it be a driver issue? I'm using an Imac 700MH.
Sorry to be a pain, but I can't figure this out.

khvt

benlef 04-20-2004 12:07 PM

Hi,

I use to have random crackling sounds. I could bounce the same song, same settings and get cracks at different places. But only on the burned CD, not when listening to the file either in PT, QT or any audio sftware. Now, when I bounce to disk I limit the output to -1db, result, the crackling's gone!

I use Toast in 9.2.2 and PT 5.1.1. I don't know if it applies to OSx but I had to disable some extensions to prevent a known conflict.(Authoring Support, Disk Burner, FW and USB Authoring Support...) I also turned of any extensions I don't use(like iPod, DVD, whatever you don't use)

Hope this helps

Ben

where02190 04-20-2004 01:00 PM

FYI, Jam is not buring software specificially, Toast is. we'v ebeen using the latest versions of both for a few months with Panther with absolutely no problems.

MadMachinery 04-21-2004 02:02 AM

Doesn't Roxio do some messed up stuff like that if you have a pirated serial? Sounds like you need a legit copy. If I remember correctly I read about this on Versiontracker and once it came out all the "crackly audio" people stopped posting for fear they would get busted.

khansen 04-21-2004 11:42 AM

Hi - thanks for all of your ideas. I have a legit copy of Toast with Jam so that's not it...maybe I need to upgrade to Panther...oy, more money! Where, what do you mean when you write that Jam is not specifically cd burning software? What is the point of it then?