Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   EuCon crashes overnight, every night (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420950)

EddieJones 08-22-2022 03:04 PM

Re: EuCon crashes overnight, every night
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Lambert (Post 2645106)
I have to say though... I've still not had a EuCon crash since upgrading the OS to 12.5.1. Seems that that took care of whatever was causing the issue.

Big Sur was the same....until .4 came out and fixed it.

reichman 08-23-2022 09:03 AM

Re: EuCon crashes overnight, every night
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Lambert (Post 2645106)
I have to say though... I've still not had a EuCon crash since upgrading the OS to 12.5.1. Seems that that took care of whatever was causing the issue.

Are you now running Eucon in Apple Silicon mode?

thebeatless 08-23-2022 11:10 AM

Re: EuCon crashes overnight, every night
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2644782)
If it's that bad, then the logs will help. Please use the Collect logs option from the EuControl menu and upload them somewhere and send me a PM with link. Others(and our testers) do not see it like that, so there must be something else up on your system. I presume you have tried a full uninstall, reboot and reinstall, inc. checking remove all prefs?

Edit: If this all started since getting the Mac Studio.....did you do a migrate? This has known issues.

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this.

I don't see "collect logs" in the Eucontrol menu.

I reluctantly and regretfully did a clean install. haha. Everyone here said I was having performance issues because I initially migrated. Funny enough, everything behaved exactly the same after spending several hours installing my ridiculous collection of plugins. But.... Eucon actually worked great when running the system from my migration. Since clean installing everything I've had constant issues. I keep hoping an update will be released and take care of it!

I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times.

No change here with latest Monterey and IOS.

Thanks!

EddieJones 08-24-2022 09:23 AM

Re: EuCon crashes overnight, every night
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeatless (Post 2645184)
Sorry, I'm just now seeing this.

I don't see "collect logs" in the Eucontrol menu.

I reluctantly and regretfully did a clean install. haha. Everyone here said I was having performance issues because I initially migrated. Funny enough, everything behaved exactly the same after spending several hours installing my ridiculous collection of plugins. But.... Eucon actually worked great when running the system from my migration. Since clean installing everything I've had constant issues. I keep hoping an update will be released and take care of it!

I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times.

No change here with latest Monterey and IOS.

Thanks!

There is no update to fix this as it's not a EUCON issue (other than the having to run EuControl in Rosetta which we are working on). If you are not seeing the Collect Logs from the EuControl notification icon menu then you must be running a very old version of EuControl.

Eric Lambert 08-24-2022 12:49 PM

Re: EuCon crashes overnight, every night
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by reichman (Post 2645153)
Are you now running Eucon in Apple Silicon mode?

Yes. Rosetta is unchecked.

Eric Lambert 08-24-2022 12:57 PM

Re: EuCon crashes overnight, every night
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeatless (Post 2645184)
Since clean installing everything I've had constant issues.

You had constant issues after the migration too, which is why you did the clean install. If problem persist after a clean install then you have deeper issues and you need someone to take a look at that computer in general. Very little useful data related the issue is being offered outside of the quest to prove that there was nothing wrong with the migration, though, very clearly, quite a lot was wrong, and still is.

You have people here who could actually fix the issues. Cut the games and allow them to help find the culprit. I can tell you that most have simply stopped responding to your complaints because you're unwilling to do anything about it.

thebeatless 08-24-2022 01:13 PM

Re: EuCon crashes overnight, every night
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Lambert (Post 2645308)
You had constant issues after the migration too, which is why you did the clean install. If problem persist after a clean install then you have deeper issues and you need someone to take a look at that computer in general. Very little useful data related the issue is being offered outside of the quest to prove that there was nothing wrong with the migration, though, very clearly, quite a lot was wrong, and still is.

You have people here who could actually fix the issues. Cut the games and allow them to help find the culprit. I can tell you that most have simply stopped responding to your complaints because you're unwilling to do anything about it.

You were one of the people arguing with me about clean installing. I'm not playing games, once again I'm simply sharing my experience and hoping for a solution.

My issues were only performance issues after the migration, but they weren't issues that were solved by reinstalling everything. Sessions from my 2020 iMac could not play on the studio ultra. There has been some improvement after recent pro tools updates though. I'm now able to play sessions with similar routing/processing.

thebeatless 08-24-2022 01:17 PM

Re: EuCon crashes overnight, every night
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2645282)
There is no update to fix this as it's not a EUCON issue (other than the having to run EuControl in Rosetta which we are working on). If you are not seeing the Collect Logs from the EuControl notification icon menu then you must be running a very old version of EuControl.

I was looking in the menu at the top left of the eucon application, not the Notification icon menu on the top right of the menu bar. That's where I was confused. Now that I know where to find it, I'll get it to you now, although I don't know if I should wait until right after a crash. It's been sitting idle for the last few hours.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com