Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Import audio from video bug? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=413343)

DaveGross 12-24-2020 09:05 AM

Import audio from video bug?

V2020.12.0 Video/Audio import bug??? In this new version, one thing to note (and check if you can)... when you drag/drop an MP4 or other video onto the video track from the finder, with the ‘import audio’ button checked, it will ONLY import the audio into the region bin, but DOES NOT create a new track and sync the audio file to the video there... The previous version did create the new track. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Dave Gross
HelldogMusic.com

c-arts 12-25-2020 02:14 AM

Re: Import audio from video bug?

Kind of similar problem here:

When I drag a MP4 or import via "import" the message: Create another track pop ups.

But then nothing happens - no new track and no MP4 was added.

DaveGross 12-25-2020 04:45 AM

C-arts, create a new Video Track first.. Then drag the Mp4/movie on it. That will bring the movie in for sure. Make sure Import Audio is checked when it asks.. See if the audio just shows up in your region bin (the movie should be there using your method as well). It's just not creating the new track. I'm on the latest Catalina OS, btw. Thanks!

mspin 12-26-2020 10:37 AM

I am trying to bounce the video and only the audio bounces. Not the video. This is after I have the video and import audio is checked on way in. Something more I need to do so the entire video bounces?

DaveGross 12-26-2020 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
mmmm.. I think that's one of the things that doesn't work in 2020.11. Even in 2020.12, they're still working on it.

mspin 12-26-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveGross (Post 2588505)
mmmm.. I think that's one of the things that doesn't work in 2020.11. Even in 2020.12, they're still working on it.

Figured as much. Hopefully soon....

DaveGross 12-27-2020 07:34 AM

OK.. Interesting..my Post template has a video track in it. Today, I tried the options to Create a New Video track when draging the MP4. I also told it to delete tho old one from the session.. Viola! The Audio imported AND created a new track.. Anyone else wanna verify this workflow?

mspin 12-27-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveGross (Post 2588568)
OK.. Interesting..my Post template has a video track in it. Today, I tried the options to Create a New Video track when draging the MP4. I also told it to delete tho old one from the session.. Viola! The Audio imported AND created a new track.. Anyone else wanna verify this workflow?

I had no problem importing the audio with the video. The problem is bouncing the video to disk. It ONLY bounces the audio. I believe the beta confirms it is a work in progress for Quicktime functionality. This should be relatively quick to have full functionality for Quicktime at this point. Hopefully in January 2021.....

DaveGross 12-27-2020 03:44 PM

Well yeah. Just going back to the original point of my thread ������

DaveGross 12-29-2020 03:03 PM

and I can totally confirm..if there is NO existing Video Track in your ProTools session, Drag/Drop a movie file acts as expected.. Creates a Video AND Audio track for the imported audio.