Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pro Tools freezes when opening sessions (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=120298)

justinbahrami 11-05-2004 06:42 PM

Pro Tools freezes when opening sessions

Suddenly, my pro tools software will not open any sessions. The program opens just fine, but when i start a new session or open an old one, it builds the edit and mix windows, but will not load any tracks in them. The computer freezes with the beach ball spinning and says, "unable to load tracks". I have to reastart.

The digidesign core audio drives works just fine and i can use my Mbox to play computer sounds without any trouble so i think my pro tools software has been somehow damaged.

I have tried: a clean unintall and reinstall of Pro Tools, trashing any preferences that i can find, checking the hard drive for errors, and reinstalling the system (without formating). The only other thing that i can think of is totally formating the hard drive and starting over from scratch.

Anyone have any suggestions before i start backing up my life?

Running Mbox with Pro Tools LE 6.4 on G4 iBook 1Ghz, OS 10.3.4

thanks in advance

DVDave 11-06-2004 04:06 PM

Re: Pro Tools freezes when opening sessions

At first it sounds like memory issue.......have upgraded an OS or anything ?

what precipitated this behavior ?

i heard a guy found his RAM wasn't properly installed who had similar issues.

Im surprised you havn't got more replies.......you need to find someone who this has happened to......sorry i couldn't be more help.......i just hate to read a post and offer nothing.

try a search w/ diff. keywords : Freezes....re-install, etc

also......this is a big issue, keep asking for help, as post get old the people who could really help might miss it.

something it surley screwed up........RAM is strained or internal conlict........have tried loading from a diff. project-song......PT is weird at times, if you have too many characters in a title you will get an error code..........weird.

try other support like FAQ and even tek support.........maybe they would help if its a know issue, if it was on a PC
i would understand, but your iBook should run smooth unless something was done w/o knowing

goodluck

justinbahrami 11-06-2004 06:03 PM

Re: Pro Tools freezes when opening sessions

I got it working again!

I found a list from Digidesign of all the possible prefrences- then i trashed all of them and it solved the problem. I am surprised that the uninstall did not remove them! I miss the old days where they put all of this stuff together in one folder and there was none of this multi-user crap...oh well

just for reference they are:

-Trash Pro Tools preferences Go to Users > “your user name” > Library > Preferences and trash DAE Prefs, DigiSetup.OSX and Pro Tools LE 6.0 prefs. Then restart the CPU.

-For all Mounted Hard drives trash Volume.ddb files: Located In MacHD (and other mounted HD's) > Digidesign Databases > trash volume.ddb

-Trash Databases Folder (If present):
Located in MacHD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > trash databases folder