Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Standalone Editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349624)

CME 01-15-2014 03:38 PM

Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Quote:

Originally Posted by christophersad (Post 2121747)
Hi kyle,i want to Ask u and Tony a direct question: is there any plan for future update to the 11r?cause if there is a plan there is no sense in keeping it secret,if there is not....well it make sense Then,a non answer is a negative answer now.

The problem with that is they are a publicly traded company. And as such the can't just openly talk about future plans. It can open a can of legal worms. So a non-answer is simply that.

Darryl Ramm 01-15-2014 03:47 PM

Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Avid can choose to not talk about whatever they want. But lots of public companies talk about product roadmaps. Plans for specific products are not necessarily material and ideas that they cannot be disclosed are simply not true.

christophersad 01-15-2014 03:50 PM

i dont really know the legal "universe" but you really think something like "hey guys we will continue to develop 11r" should btring problems?
i repeat ,im totally unaware about laws companys etc :)

CME 01-15-2014 06:09 PM

Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

I'm def no law expert by any means. But I read, and possibly from unreliable sources, that apple was pushing the limits for the amount of time between the announcement and the release of both the last iMac and the new Mac Pro.

And how these laws work and who would even bring up the lawsuit is def beyond my scope of knowledge. I could be way off base on the entire subject. It just seems to have some credence, as most big companies don't announce something more than a month or so before it's release.

But back to the topic. At least they are finally releasing the stand alone editor. That is huge in and of itself. And maybe I'm just optimistic. But seems in most cases no news ends up good news. Bad news travels fast. And the fact they did develop the editor shows they're listening and at least hopefully working on updates for the 11r itself.

kelco83 01-15-2014 07:15 PM

It's up to the company. If the investors like a roadmap they'll do one, if not, why bother you do lose a strategic edge announcing your intentions early.

Vercingetorix 01-15-2014 07:21 PM

Now that we finally have a confirmed release for the Editor :cool:, what are the chances of us getting that Impulse Loader that according to Chris Townsend was almost finished in time for inclusion in the ERXP, as well as the other amp models he had done and/or working on.

YYR123 01-15-2014 09:10 PM

Exp pk3

christophersad 01-16-2014 04:10 AM

my wishes are this:
if you plan on developing 11r furtermore its great,but give us at least 2 word
if you plan to stop developing (wich is what i think and what facts show) then make the 11r software an opensoirce, so a genius asian nijna guy can come and do the trick for us (and this happend for several other prodicts)

dont be fooled by the editor guys,they were forced to release an editor to support pt 11 (their main product) and prolly they found easier and faster to program a standalone with a midi protocol than to integrate it in pt11.

musicman691 01-16-2014 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber (Post 2121735)
Hey musicman691,

Eleven Rack Editor is essentially sending/receiving MIDI communication. So, Eleven Rack Editor, Pro Tools, and Eleven Rack all update to reflect the same selected patch, rig settings, etc. From a workflow perspective, you shouldn't see much of a change other than now having GUI control via separate application.

Embedding rig settings is available in Pro Tools 11 via I/O Setup>Input page. So, it is not available in Eleven Rack Editor.

Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully there will be a faq to go along with this if there isn't already. If there is - link please?

YYR123 01-16-2014 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christophersad (Post 2121921)
my wishes are this:
if you plan on developing 11r furtermore its great,but give us at least 2 word

Dear Christopher,

'Next week'

Sincerely Avid

Ok so thats 6 but who's counting !