Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Joz 02-06-2008 02:24 AM

new studio

Heres our new work. brand new studio. Some of you know what I was using before. I had to get rid of all that, it wasn't working for me . Now I have all new pres, mics and specially the new monitors are making a huge difference in my mixes. New converters as well. And most importantly this is my new band of brothers. I've decided to put together all the people I've recorded over the years that I respect here in L.A (about 4 people ha!) into a brand new "super" group ( ) We have lots of material but this is our first finished song. As usual I'm playing guitar and producing. So here it is:
www.overnightlows.com/music/guilt.mp3

Joz

IntelDoc 02-06-2008 05:22 PM

Re: new studio

Nice JOz. Very Power Pop, almost on the brink of a little more hip hop into her vocals this time around. Like the drums too. Very punchy.

Cool deal.

Doc

luffe 02-07-2008 09:25 AM

Re: new studio

Hi Joz.

I am "afraid" I am with Inteldoc here.... I am always looking forward to hear
your stuff. Great performance and very "tight"/"narrow" sounding production. Always
a pleasure to listen to your recordings and this one definitely no exception.

But personally I would like to hear a lot more about your new gear, studio etc. too .

Best regards,

luffe

jeam25 02-12-2008 05:57 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Hey ROY !

Congratulations your i hear in my head song and is amazing REALLY is awsome your work ! There is a lot of talented people in this forum man ! And one thing is killing what effect have the electric guitar ? Is like a wah ? a phaser ? a talk box ? sound really great ! And how you recoded it from amp or direct ? Ah the guitar is good !

Thanks !

chahende 02-21-2008 09:33 AM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Very cool stuff. Your website says that you do not drum replace. Great kick sounds for no replacement. RE20 on the kick drum?(from your equipment list). What are you using for overheads? Guitars sound pretty thick and plenty of room for the vocal. Wanna share the chain for recording the guitars and how you leave so much room for the vocal? Panning, eq, etc?

Cool bands, that obviously helps.

Muddy Run 02-23-2008 04:30 PM

Hope y'all like these selections from myFirst Production Album.

Magnus Hedlund 02-24-2008 10:32 PM

I have a new song posted at my myspace-site...
It's called "Lift Me Up". Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

-Magnus Hedlund
myspace.com/magnus hedlund

GORILLA 02-25-2008 09:39 AM

Whoa ..... a lot of variety added in here lately!! Kewl

sbag 02-28-2008 12:32 PM

SOME OF MY CLIENTS SONGS

www.MYSPACE.COM/FMPRODUCTS/42

4 SONG PERFORMED BY ME

www.MYSPACE.COM/CHARLYBOTTLES

superpenguin79 03-03-2008 10:28 AM

Hey guys, long time no chat (Doc, Roy, Joz and others I didn't go pages back to catch yet). man, I've got some downloading to do here.. you guys have been busy. hehe I'll work on that this evening.

in the mean time I put together a record/collaboration of sorts if you will from tracks I've written over the past year and a half and their final versions. Its called "How Can I Be Afraid" and you can download for free of course. I've collaborated with some of the best including fellow DUC'ers, Almost Famous, and a couple others on a couple tracks.

short of this project though, I haven't been workin on music for a while. Photography has sorta been my other creative outlet for a while now.

hope you guys are cool and I'll post back as soon as I've had a chance to get through the archives of pages and download all the latest.