Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Pro Tools 10/11 licence and download missing from account (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412964)

Shuggy 12-01-2020 09:23 AM

Pro Tools 10/11 licence and download missing from account

The sting of the missing ProTools 10/11 bundle perpetual licence has struck my little studio.
I run this on an older machine under ElCap.
My licences are registered and visible on iLok, but not on my Avid account. As recently as last year they were visible on my Avid Account.
I know I'm not alone in seeing these licences and download links disappear.

For one reason on another, I only downloaded the PT 11 installers last time. PT 11 isn't great under ElCap of course. So I discovered the missing licence and installer download problem when I thought I'd better downgrade to PT10.

Help.. and thank you...

DetroitT 12-02-2020 04:53 AM

Re: Pro Tools 10/11 licence and download missing from account

Did you crossover to subscription?

Shuggy 12-02-2020 11:40 AM

No, I have not transitioned to subscription. Thanks for asking.

Top Jimmy 12-02-2020 12:35 PM

Any chance you have more than one account with Avid and you’re logged into the wrong one? If not, start a support case via the portal from your Avid account and they should be able to get you sorted out.

Shuggy 12-04-2020 03:44 PM

I do not qualify for support.

All I have found so far is the option to renew for a year. That seems like a bit of bizarre arm-twisting. Disappear a user's products, leave them no choice but to renew if they wish to address the issue with someone.

Good question, I don't have more than one AVID account. To be sure, I tried password reset on a number of other email addresses I might have used at one time, but none are recognized. I'm quite sure I've only had the one account. It USED to show ProTools 10/11 perpetual along with the 8.0 I bought originally. Now only the Version 8 shows in My Products.

Top Jimmy 12-04-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuggy (Post 2586186)
I do not qualify for support.

You don’t have to be on an active support plan to get help with your account or software registration. You can create a support case for this issue via the support portal accessible from your Avid account. Once you’ve created a case, post the ticket number here and I’ll see if I can get someone to take a closer look.

Shuggy 12-05-2020 08:10 AM

Thanks very much for the encouraging words.

However, the "support portal" link I see on my account page says "request access to the support center (portal)" and above it is a grey message saying, "you do not have accesss to the support portal!" Clicking on the request access link leads to a page stating very clearly it's for either an Avid reseller or an Avid customer with an Avid Advantage support contract. I'm neither, and see no other way to start a case.

Which brings me back here, where I see numerous reports of the same or similar disappearances of known purchased perpetual licenses and downloads disappearing from their accounts. Not a unique issue, but seems to be unique to Avid in this industry... I use a lot of software tools, and nothing like this is common, having licenses vanish.

jeffro 12-07-2020 05:16 PM

Your Pro Tools 11 Bundle is still active in your iLok account (activated to your iLok) so there's no problem with your iLok license. Will check out your my.avid.com account and report back.

jeffro 12-10-2020 10:42 PM

Should be all set, updated your support case with details so please check email. Thanks.

Shuggy 12-11-2020 08:12 AM

Well that's seven kinds of awesome. ManyThanks!!