Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

El-Kamfer 05-11-2005 04:47 AM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Quote:

you are very welcome.

what bad critics?

some said that they felt that the vocal effect at the beginning sucked a**, and that the vocal in
general sucked, and it shoud be recorded all over again,
and the vocals didn`t fit the clean guitar.
and also, that the bass and drums are boring to listen to, that it wasn`t
more "experimental", and that it wasn`t tight...
i like critics as much as the next guy, but when people
just give destructive critics and just slaughter stuff
you`ve worked alot with, you get kinda cranky.

IntelDoc 05-11-2005 05:18 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Oh ya, he has a HUGE "Mayer" influence. Sad sometimes as he has some talent. JUst needs to develope his own sound some more.

- Doc

Sharritan 05-11-2005 06:00 AM

Quote:

Sharritan (Scott)

Personally, I wouldn't even pay attention or converse with either Bubba or Doc. Neither one of them will provide you with an ounce of good insight. Bubba still reliving his days as drum major and the only time I get anything worthwhile from Doc is if you call him at 2 in the morning. I'll send ya his number.

There is a guy on the board named STREETS that provide excellent input. Hunt him down!!

Just messing with ya (Be sure to read Doc's follow up to this ). Good to see you posting stuff up. Did you ever do anything more with the tune we talked about?

Thanks for the message. As far as the tune you heard, it is still in the works. I am really just trying to put together 5 or so songs for an EP to release. No big hurry though. Trying to focus more on other's music instead of mine. I tend to mix mine to death. I can usually find a nice stopping point with other people's music but am constantly changing my own. Oh well...... I will post more soon.

doylemusic 05-11-2005 07:11 AM

Quote:

Doyle,
Tighten up with your Wnblows skillz... I just downloaded the file and it worked...

Mr. Smart..... I will call you in a bit to make sure you are good.. :-)

- Doc

don't know what to tell you Nice Guy, it didn't work last night. SOunds good. The drums do sound pretty darned good. Cymbals aren't there yet, the verb will help add som air there. Kick sounds good, I still can't get that one right. Did you use the SM7 on the vox?

IntelDoc 05-11-2005 07:31 AM

Doyle,
Ya man, nothing has EQ at all. I mean , not one single eq on the session at all. Those are all raw sounds minus the L2 for some volume. The reverb will be added more later, as well as eq for cymbals.

The vocals believe it or not are the APEX 435 into the 1272 - 1176 combo and then Pro Tools. Sounded good I thought for that mic.

- Doc

doylemusic 05-11-2005 08:09 AM

435 huh, that's kinda impressive. I had heard not so goud things about it's vocal abilities. Guess you found the right voice.

IntelDoc 05-11-2005 08:30 AM

Doyle,
The APEX 435 is the TLM-103 clone. Not bad either. Remember I did a test of those against 2 U87's and the guy liked the 435's better. They were definitely brighter than the U87. They are hit or miss for vocals. Louder singers are not good on them, but they are worth having as a go to mic for stuff. I use them all the time on acoustic guitars.

- Doc

bigbubbaj 05-11-2005 09:30 AM

Quote:

Doyle,
The APEX 435 is the TLM-103 clone. Not bad either. Remember I did a test of those against 2 U87's and the guy liked the 435's better. They were definitely brighter than the U87. They are hit or miss for vocals. Louder singers are not good on them, but they are worth having as a go to mic for stuff. I use them all the time on acoustic guitars.

- Doc

Where did you hear that about the TLM-103 clone? I had a vocalist in one day laying some traks and he brought his own TLM-103, and we both agreed that had absolutely no similarities whatsoever!

Will you do an A/B test for us with an acoustic guitar tonight or something?

Hmmm indeed.

IntelDoc 05-11-2005 10:35 AM

Justin,
Not sure where I read that but I remember it mainly when I bought it. Who knows if it was true or not, but all I know is that I read it somewhere.

As for the similarities.... tone wise, no way.... The Nuemann can handle stuff better. Though the APEX 435 is a good mic for the money. All I know is that we liked it better than the pair of U87's that we A/B'd it against at anohter studio.

I will try to find that article on the mic.

- Doc

superpenguin79 05-11-2005 11:13 AM

Hey Doc, you take Place down already? It seems that I am unable to DL that one for some reason. Comes up Page can't be displayed.

btw.. I will try to get a new one up either today or tommorow depending on when I can get some time here. I think recording wise that this one might be my best yet as far as quality. *shrugs*

Have a good day guys! peace

Charlie