Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

badperson 02-09-2005 03:45 PM

Re: Latest stuff

Quote:

bp,
I love this song, and as I've said, your voice and style...as Finne ssuggested, I think the drums are a little low, and also the overall guitars seem a little hot too. But you said you may remix it, so I'll be looking for it...the song itself is great, IMO.

-Roy

thanks a million, roy, glad you like it. I think I'll sit with the mix for a week or so, I think it will need some eq help, there's a lot of guitar parts fighting for finite real estate in the sonic spectrum. I think you guys are right, though. Thanks for the listen.

p.s., roy, I had your latest tune stuck in my head all day. very catchy phrasing.

later all...

bp

Matt Whritenour 02-09-2005 09:31 PM

Ok here are the mp3's if you would rather listen to these instead of the crappy quality of purevolume.

The Sixteen Millimeter Shrine - A Quality of Mercy.mp3

The Sixteen Millimeter Shrine - Us or Them Unknown.mp3

Matt Whritenour 02-09-2005 09:45 PM

Quote:

Luzer kidd/Matt,
All 3 of these songs are killer...mixes are good without losing the 'rawness'...vocals, guitars sound great to me. So what does your band consist of, and what do you play? Great stuff.
-Roy

hey roy, thanks a lot, that means a lot to us.
We have
Mike - Vocals / Guitar (the mastermind in the band, and his vocals keep getting so much better each time we record)
Michelle - Guitar (just started doing a few band backups during practice, but will probably be too shy live, we'll see)
Mikey T - Drums (he's only 15, he's been in the band for like a month, we have been looking for drummers for like 7-8 months and found him.)
Matt(me) - Bass / Backup vox (i'm not a good singer and havnt done any vocals on any of our recordings yet

The First 2 songs on purevolume (a quality of mercy, and Us or them unknown) are our new songs with our new drummer while double damn we recorded last april and thats my singer playing drums on that, (the thing i like most about double damn is the snare, i think it sounds really cool, p.s. that's dverb on it.)

and on the 2 new songs, i didn't eq them at all in Pro tools except i put a Digi 1 Band eq on them rolling off the lows at 150hz and that's it

nightshadecrisis 02-09-2005 11:03 PM

Quote:

Ok here are the mp3's if you would rather listen to these instead of the crappy quality of purevolume.

The Sixteen Millimeter Shrine - A Quality of Mercy.mp3

The Sixteen Millimeter Shrine - Us or Them Unknown.mp3

wow, really great songs matt! I particularly enjoyed "A Quality of Mercy". Awesome orchestration and spacing of guitars. i hear alot of great influence from Hot Water Music, but you guys have a very distinct sound that really complements the instrumention. Very cool mixes too...
Definitely on my playlist now...

Ev

musicman9 02-10-2005 08:08 AM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Here is one. My music can be compared to YANNI.... Beautiful piano solo's and demo orchestral stuff... Really cool and relaxing.
David J. Sutton

Roy Howell 02-10-2005 08:26 AM

Luzer kidd-
Quote:

hey roy, thanks a lot, that means a lot to us.
We have
Mike - Vocals / Guitar (the mastermind in the band, and his vocals keep getting so much better each time we record)
Michelle - Guitar (just started doing a few band backups during practice, but will probably be too shy live, we'll see)
Mikey T - Drums (he's only 15, he's been in the band for like a month, we have been looking for drummers for like 7-8 months and found him.)
Matt(me) - Bass / Backup vox (i'm not a good singer and havnt done any vocals on any of our recordings yet

The band sounds great, Matt... ...keep us posted as things progress, and best of luck.
-Roy

Matt Whritenour 02-10-2005 10:10 AM

Quote:

The band sounds great, Matt... ...keep us posted as things progress, and best of luck.
-Roy

thanks again, we are actually just starting to play shows again and we have this big contest coming up that we made it onto, www.thebreakcontest.com we are playing feb, 27th, so we're hoping that we can make it past the first round this way we get to play bamboozled fest, if we made it past the first round and not the second round we would still be really happy just that we got to play bamboozled, well actually we are all really happy because when the guy called my guitar player to make sure she got the tickets he said how much he loved the demo, so we are really happy just from that, and we can't get mad if we don't win the first round because this is our first show since finding a new drummer, so we don't really deserve it as much as some of the other bands that have been playing longer.

Roy Howell 02-10-2005 12:33 PM

Re: New song

Quote:

New stuff from Rotten mill.

Me rasistit (We are racists)

Finne,
Nice engineering job, as always...I love that guitar sound at the intro, and the overall contrast of guitars. Drums and bass are very clean too.
I'm still behind on my Finnish lessons, so I'll have to take your word for what the lyrics are saying...
Nice job overall.

-Roy

Roy Howell 02-10-2005 12:43 PM

superpenguin79/Charlie,
I really like the unique sound with your guitar on 'Rose Colored Glasses'...very cool...is it a background keyboard, or are you running the guitar through something?

thanks, Roy

Riad 02-10-2005 04:59 PM

OK, I've never posted a song, so here is one I just finished tracking and mixing in my studio...

The System

Thanks!