Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

SimpleNatureSpirit 10-01-2004 05:17 PM

Re: My first complete Mbox project

I hope you post the final results, Intel.. Very good!

IntelDoc 10-01-2004 05:42 PM

Will do Simple... For sure!

Gotta get the session drummer in and all, but I will definitely post it up...

- Doc

Roy Howell 10-02-2004 12:59 AM

Chris,
Only got to listen to 'It's OK'(it's 3am and I'm fading)...sounds great, both acoustic and vocal. Can't wait to hear em recorded separate and with the other tracks...the new equipment is sounding great.
-Roy

Roy Howell 10-02-2004 08:26 PM

Kustoo,
Just heard 'The Benjy Flow' and 'We're Too Young'...damn good job on the mix and overall production.....well done...Good luck on the cd.
-Roy

Roy Howell 10-03-2004 12:21 AM

Doc/Chris,
I got the pic you IMed me, and the 'treasure chest' case looks killer...about to listen to more of the songs.
-Roy

Ferrante 10-03-2004 05:59 AM

Re: 2 minutes clip of my new piece

Quote:

nice work ferrante, i would have lowered the piano level a bit at 0:52 , just my opinion.
that asian flute is a sample?

You are right. I just wanted to do my first bounce-to-disc to rip it to mp3 so I could send it to some people, so its not a mix yet.
I need to put a small amount of compressor on this piano and maybe EQ it a bit.
The asian flute is a sample that I have pitched to fit the key.
I'll put up the whole piece here when it's ready. Hope you'll like it.
Ferrante

Stiff 10-03-2004 02:30 PM

Roy,

My girlfriend says "hi". She's almost obsessed with "Burn", I think she asked me to play it at least four times last night

Sorry fellas if this is OT for this thread.

spkguitar 10-03-2004 07:07 PM

Doc, that stuff sounds great; looking forward to the finished.

Roy, that new one in your sig is way cool. I listened to it 3 times today.

I've had this tune idea for a couple weeks, but haven't been able to get to it. I was cooped up in bed sick this past week and all I could think of was working on the thing, so that's what I did today. It was fun editing out all the 'coughing up a lung' parts on the vocals!

>>Here<< is the pre-production version of it. It's my first experience with Groove Control, which I think is really cool, and the whole thing is just scratch tracks, but I was so excited about not being sick anymore and being able to actually do some work, I had to post something.
I'll post it again later when it gets a little more polished.

bigbubbaj 10-03-2004 09:04 PM

Quote:

I'll post it again later when it gets a little more polished.

Shawn,

That is a really catchy song. Sounds better already then some stuff on the radio.

I would love to hear it with some punk guitars. But that is just me. Do you have real drums? I think they would add something special to this song.

I like it! Sounds pretty polished already!

-Justin

Roy Howell 10-03-2004 10:46 PM

Quote:

Roy,

My girlfriend says "hi". She's almost obsessed with "Burn", I think she asked me to play it at least four times last night

Stiff,
Tell your girlfriend 'hi' back for me...glad to hear she likes 'Burn'...
-Roy