Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   El Capitan Support for Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=371974)

harrismix 09-15-2015 11:47 PM

El Capitan Support for Artist Series

Hi, Any news on when an El Capitan compatible version of EuControl might be on the way? I just updated to 3.3.1 but the same as other versions, the OLED displays are not working . . . . I'm on the latest firmware . . Thanks

Fishbone 09-17-2015 05:40 PM

Re: El Capitan Support for Artist Series

Same here. Artist Mix display lits up as 8 solid squares. Installed and reinstalled 3.3.1 but no luck.

Kyle Splittgerber 09-17-2015 09:48 PM

Hey Guys,

Yes, we are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. For this reason, El Capitan is not yet qualified. We'll get the fix out as soon as we can.

Thanks,

maaaquemeseyo 09-18-2015 12:32 PM

Hi, thx for the heads up! I was about to install El Capitan... Is PT working fine?

Darryl Ramm 09-18-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maaaquemeseyo (Post 2295206)
Hi, thx for the heads up! I was about to install El Capitan... Is PT working fine?

What is the race to upgrade OS X versions?

Lots of audio interfaces/devices are *not* working fine. From Avid and others. You would easily see that by looking around on DUC.

maaaquemeseyo 09-18-2015 12:46 PM

I'm on Mavericks now, I have to do a clean re-install of Mavericks or move on to El Capitan. Right now there are some apps (like OneNote) and syncs fuctions with iOS that doesn't work with Mavericks...

Darryl Ramm 09-18-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maaaquemeseyo (Post 2295213)
I'm on Mavericks now, I have to do a clean re-install of Mavericks or move on to El Capitan. Right now there are some apps (like OneNote) and syncs fuctions with iOS that doesn't work with Mavericks...

Well it's your choice, read up on known issues. At most go grab a blank drive and do a clean test install of El Capitan. Maybe you end up with multiple boot partitions if you really need to be able to use incompatible things on different OS X releases.

I get the pain, where there is a hard need to be on a new release, I need latest OS X releases for X Code/Swift for example. I keep Pro Tools and audio drivers etc. on stable old OS X releases. And new stuff on separate boot drives. But too frequently folks here go sticking their head in the upgrade woodchipper for no good reason. And when they do upgrade they do it in-situ (bad idea) and with no roll back/recovery plan. Sounds like you are a little more aware there.

@tention 09-21-2015 11:54 PM

Why can't Apple just release a new system font and leave us alone? Would not break audio every year.

Fishbone 09-22-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber (Post 2295039)
Hey Guys,

Yes, we are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. For this reason, El Capitan is not yet qualified. We'll get the fix out as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Good to know!

Thanks for dropping a note ;)

Fishbone 09-22-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2295208)
What is the race to upgrade OS X versions?

Nothing much, just that I like to have another partition to test new things to be ahead in the curve, just in case I need it or worth the jump.

Don't see anything wrong in exchange some info about it here in the users forum, since it's exactly what it was supposed to be used for, right? :-)

Cheers