Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What is in store for PT in 2021? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=413388)

Dave S. 12-27-2020 08:07 PM

What is in store for PT in 2021?

Seriously wondering so I can determine if I want to renew or not. What other company tries to make you pay upfront for a product that hasn’t even been revealed? And then chooses to penalize you if you want to come back later once you know what you’re getting because you don’t want to buy into their shyster policy. That’s not a rhetorical question, also curious as to what other organizations do that other than the mafia.

JFreak 12-27-2020 08:16 PM

Re: What is in store for PT in 2021?

Writing's on the wall, ARA is finally coming. No official word though, until it is eventually released.

Ben Jenssen 12-27-2020 11:29 PM

Who knows?
I don't, so I'm letting my "upgrade/support" "plan"(!) expire now in a day or two.
I'm not expecting it to be a decision I'll regret much.

musicman691 12-28-2020 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave S. (Post 2588623)
Seriously wondering so I can determine if I want to renew or not. What other company tries to make you pay upfront for a product that hasn’t even been revealed? And then chooses to penalize you if you want to come back later once you know what you’re getting because you don’t want to buy into their shyster policy. That’s not a rhetorical question, also curious as to what other organizations do that other than the mafia.

Except the mafia doesn't make you pay for the bullets :rolleyes:

My re-up is a few months into the new year; what will make me not pay the Avid tax is if a new version comes out before then that does not support OSX 10.13.6 (I don't feel like changing out my video card just to make PT work in a newer OSX).

Dave S. 12-28-2020 10:56 AM

I think remember in previous years avid would release some statement or something with a rough guideline of what they were working on releasing for the year (or hoping to release). They probably learned their lesson to not say anything because obviously they didn’t get around to a lot of it. ARA sounds great, but this will probably be the first year in a long time I don’t renew.

~ufo~ 01-26-2021 04:44 AM

ADC on sidechains and multichannel sidechains or perhaps only one of those.

Sonopolis 01-26-2021 09:32 AM

Native Apple Silicone support, hopefully. This was the one reason I stood on the plan. Sooner or later this will be the architecture I'll use.

EGS 01-26-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2588624)
Writing's on the wall, ARA is finally coming. No official word though, until it is eventually released.

need this