Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   cascaded send and plugin menus overflow offscreen PC (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=386834)

bassmagnetic 12-02-2016 05:03 AM

cascaded send and plugin menus overflow offscreen PC

1 Attachment(s)
when I click on a send to select a new routing (or plugin to select a plugin) and the menu of all the send routings (or available plugins) is displayed, they overflow further than the screen, so it is not possible to see the list in order to choose a routing. If I use the arrow keys the cursor will go off screen but the list doesn't scroll.

There used to be a small arrow at the bottom of the visible list so that I could scroll, but now this isn't there, also mouse scroll wheel doesn't work on the list.

This behavior has been happening over a few PT versions. I'm currently on 12.6 and using a PC win8.1. The displays are correctly setup within the os.

Anyone know any workaround?

Drew Mazurek 12-02-2016 05:08 AM

Re: cascaded send and plugin menus overflow offscreen PC

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassmagnetic (Post 2398520)
when I click on a send to select a new routing (or plugin to select a plugin) and the menu of all the send routings (or available plugins) is displayed, they overflow further than the screen, so it is not possible to see the list in order to choose a routing. If I use the arrow keys the cursor will go off screen but the list doesn't scroll.

There used to be a small arrow at the bottom of the visible list so that I could scroll, but now this isn't there, also mouse scroll wheel doesn't work on the list.

This behavior has been happening over a few PT versions. I'm currently on 12.6 and using a PC win8.1. The displays are correctly setup within the os.

Anyone know any workaround?

What is your screen res set to? How many pixels high?

bassmagnetic 12-02-2016 05:31 AM

1920 x 1200

Drew Mazurek 12-02-2016 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassmagnetic (Post 2398529)
1920 x 1200

1200 should be plenty.

Are you doing any sort of "zooming" or scaling in the OS? Sorry, I don't know anything about Windows, but I've seen this mentioned here in the DUC.

bassmagnetic 12-02-2016 05:56 AM

Nope no zooming or scaling

I have 3 monitor setup

Songster 12-02-2021 10:41 PM

I have a 2 monitor setup, and I'm having the same issue. I've submitted the problem to AVID and have been going back and forth. This especially happens when I'm on the bottom screen and try to add a WAVES plugin. It's gotta be in the programming because the AVID plugins bring up the scroll arrow. Something about how 3rd party plugins and PT are communicating that's broken. Hope it gets fixed ... it's annoying for sure. Right now whenever I want a Waves plugin added, I have to do it from the top display, which is usually the edit window.

albee1952 12-03-2021 07:29 AM

This inconsistency has been in place for quite a while. On my own system(these days), I usually find the little arrows for scrolling. But ever since we got the "search" option for plugins(and sends), I never need to scroll. Just search and go:D