Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Missing iLok License (URGENT!!!) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=413573)

peterzaad 01-09-2021 08:18 AM

Missing iLok License (URGENT!!!)

Hi guys, sorry but this is urgent.
I opened a case on Avid Support ( no. 04094172 ) I wanted to work from home and I found out I don't have my Pro Tools License on my iLok.
I tried syncronize, I tried switching the USB ports (I thought maybe my iLok is stupid!! Answer : NO, I am stupid!!!).
I can't seem to open Pro Tools, although (I don't know how you write that word - I'm romanian) at the studio it seems to have the license to work.
HELP !!!!!
I have some jobs coming tomorrow !!!

Thanxxx!!!!

crizdee 01-09-2021 08:45 AM

Re: Missing iLok License (URGENT!!!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzaad (Post 2589934)
I opened a case on Avid Support ( no. 04094172 ) I wanted to work from home and I found out I don't have my Pro Tools License on my iLok.
I tried syncronize, I tried switching the USB ports (I thought maybe my iLok is stupid!! Answer : NO, I am stupid!!!).
I can't seem to open Pro Tools, although (I don't know how you write that word - I'm romanian) at the studio it seems to have the license to work.
HELP !!!!!

Thanxxx!!!!

Hi,

in the mean time run the demo till you sort out what is wrong..

https://my.avid.com/get/pro-tools-ultimate-trial

Chris

peterzaad 01-09-2021 08:48 AM

Thank you!!! I’ll try it!

peterzaad 01-09-2021 01:23 PM

It didn't work! Still no license on my iLok and can't open Pro Tools !

m4tune 01-09-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzaad (Post 2589934)
HELP !!!!!

Thanxxx!!!!

I have been in the exact same situation twice within the last 12 months!
AVID support finally admitted that there is a bug on their servers…

One workaround was at the first time to deactivate the Pro Tools license and reactivate it again with the ilok manager.

The second time I could to solve the problem by dowloading the COVID license just 30 min before the musicians entered the studio…

I was bleeding sweat and tears…

The Weed 01-09-2021 04:31 PM

If the license is on the iLok in the computer at the studio, you have to move that license from that iLok to the iLok in your computer at home.

If that is indeed the case, Avid can't help you with that and neither can Pace, the owner of iLok.

peterzaad 01-11-2021 02:13 AM

I have only 1 iLok.

The same from my studio. I just carry it with me and I should have all my licenses there, right?

Wrong, Pro Tools license is missing and I can only work at the studio, I guess.

I was hoping Avid would answer and resolve my problem, but, yet again ...disappointment.

musicman691 01-11-2021 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzaad (Post 2590054)
I have only 1 iLok.

The same from my studio. I just carry it with me and I should have all my licenses there, right?

Wrong, Pro Tools license is missing and I can only work at the studio, I guess.

I was hoping Avid would answer and resolve my problem, but, yet again ...disappointment.

Is the studio using iLok Cloud? Is there maybe a second iLok on the studio computer with the iLok license on that iLok? PT doesn't do machine authorization via the iLok software.

peterzaad 01-11-2021 04:26 AM

Yeah, that was the problem.
This ****ing Cloud ****.

I have some seventy plus licenses, and they're all over my stupid iLok Manager. Cloud, USB, computer. It's like they want me to go crazy.

This practice has to stop !!!

Companies are not able to satisfy a customer even if you show them in their face what to do!!!
And when it comes to actually create music, you're already too tired to do anything because the amount of time you take to find a stupid license!!!!

Sorry for swearing but this is how a frustrated customer looks!!!!!

maltastudio 01-11-2021 04:26 AM

Just my 1c....could be that the PT version you are trying to open at home is a later version then the one at the studio..... check the versions and the licence in the ilock.
Peace