Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Sync X & SYNC HD (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   NEW Avid SYNC X (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414681)

dr sound 03-25-2021 12:04 PM

NEW Avid SYNC X

Avid just released a new "Sync X"
https://westlakepro.com/avid-pro-too...n+Synchronizer

LukeHoward 03-25-2021 03:00 PM

Re: NEW Avid SYNC X

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr sound (Post 2597323)

Looks good! Surprised there’s no support for PTP for AES67, Dante, SMPTE 2110, AVB etc but perhaps the mainstream market isn’t quite there yet.

bzone 03-27-2021 10:06 AM

Have been using the Trinity and 10M for years. Haven’t read through everything yet. Has anyone worked with it yet? Clocking comparisons, very interesting set up? As stated supported connection’s ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LukeHoward 03-27-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzone (Post 2597716)
Have been using the Trinity and 10M for years. Haven’t read through everything yet. Has anyone worked with it yet? Clocking comparisons, very interesting set up? As stated supported connection’s ?

I doubt it’s going to make a difference sonically with modern interfaces but certainly improves things workflow wise, particularly with the MTRX not supporting Loop Sync.

K.I. 04-02-2021 01:29 AM

Hi.

I was using 10M. You can enter 10M directly. it's the best. The sound changes.
It is good that the word out of SYN X is output even when PT is not started. MTRX always synchronizes.:D

lucienpalmer 04-02-2021 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeHoward (Post 2597390)
Looks good! Surprised there’s no support for PTP for AES67, Dante, SMPTE 2110, AVB etc but perhaps the mainstream market isn’t quite there yet.

I was just looking at that, too.

So without directly being the master for Dante clock, would we slave the MTRX to the SyncX and make the MTRX the Dante clock master?

Kyle Splittgerber 04-02-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucienpalmer (Post 2598405)
I was just looking at that, too.

So without directly being the master for Dante clock, would we slave the MTRX to the SyncX and make the MTRX the Dante clock master?

Yes, you'd connect Word Clock out from Sync X to Word Clock In on MTRX. Clock source for MTRX would be Word Clock. And, Dante clock master would be MTRX.

If MTRX wasn't used, then you'd connect Word Clock out from Sync X to Word Clock in on a Dante device. Then, that Dante device would become the Dante clock master.

bzone 04-11-2021 05:48 PM

Well picked one up. It does everything it is advertised to do. Would be nice to have a pull down menu to change clock frequency inside the session. Even worked clocked to different frequency settings when opening a singular Logic session for playback, no editing. Don’t know if it was supposed to be able to do that and act like an actual clock.

Farhoof 04-12-2021 06:50 AM

Can the built in video ref generator automatically switch to the video framerate of the video file in the Protools session or do we need to manually switch videoref framerates each time we switch from a 24/25fps session?

I know it has auto sensing incoming ref signals, but I don't see any auto switching ref generator according to timeline video or something like that.

Kyle Splittgerber 04-12-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzone (Post 2599169)
Well picked one up. It does everything it is advertised to do. Would be nice to have a pull down menu to change clock frequency inside the session. Even worked clocked to different frequency settings when opening a singular Logic session for playback, no editing. Don’t know if it was supposed to be able to do that and act like an actual clock.

Hello,

You can change the pull up/down settings in the bottom right corner of the Session Setup window.

Regarding behavior with Logic, what was the Logic project sample rate? And what was the clock source and sample rate for Sync X? Was the CLOCK REF indicator on the front of Sync X solid green? If there was a sample rate mismatch between Logic and Sync X, then Sync X may have remained locked but Logic would play back at the wrong speed/pitch.