Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Contacting Avid this way out of desperation - support renewal issues (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=402263)

ScoobyDoo555 12-05-2018 01:38 AM

Contacting Avid this way out of desperation - support renewal issues

Good morning,

I'm contacting the forum (after registering LAST Saturday) out of desperation.
I was hoping for a better experience, but that is proving somewhat challenging! :)

I've got a 7 x ProTools licenses (perpetual) of which their support/update renewals have lapsed. (I ordered the renewal licenses prior, but they didn't arrive until after the deadline had passed - thanks DV247.com)

I'm now having issues trying to get the codes to be accepted (the ones provided on the plastic cards).

I *suspect* that the problem is because the items provided are "for Perpetual licenses before your active plan ends" - and I'm now after my plan.

Needless to say, I've contacted the supplier, who've said to contact Avid. Avid are by far the hardest company to TALK to I have ever experienced - certainly in the UK. I can't raise a support issue....... as I'm out of my plan!

I've spent some £700 on updates that I can't use.

(then I read in the intro PM that this isn't a support community - and so into the vicious circle)......

Before I send the items back to the (unresponsive) company, is there anybody at Avid who can help me?

Regards,

Dan Armstrong

ScoobyDoo555 12-05-2018 05:03 AM

Re: Contacting Avid this way out of desperation - support renewal issues

As there's been a few views, but no replies, I'll leave the thread for posterity, but I'm going to return the items to the supplier.

KV626 12-05-2018 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 (Post 2508172)
Good morning,

I'm contacting the forum (after registering LAST Saturday) out of desperation.
I was hoping for a better experience, but that is proving somewhat challenging! :)

I've got a 7 x ProTools licenses (perpetual) of which their support/update renewals have lapsed. (I ordered the renewal licenses prior, but they didn't arrive until after the deadline had passed - thanks DV247.com)

I'm now having issues trying to get the codes to be accepted (the ones provided on the plastic cards).

I don't understand why you needed the plastic cards for the renewal. Aren't they required only with a first-time purchase?

Darryl Ramm 12-05-2018 05:23 AM

Well welcome to DUC, but unfortunately what you are describing does not make much sense.

Your post is not very specific... What *exact* SKU did you order? Link to the resellers product page. How many of those did you purchase? You are trying to upgrade exactly what? Pro Tools Standard? Ultimate? Regular commercial or something special like educational or NFR??

I was not aware of subscription renewal or even reinstatement that use any physical card. All the resellers and Avid store SKUs I have noticed have been online. The ones I have done have been all done online.

You purchased something from a reseller. Even if it involved physical shipment and there was some delay it’s the resellers issue to deal with not Avid’s. Why did you not insist they contact Avid for you?

There is a free to use online form for contacting Avid support that you can easily find and submit licensing related questions to. You don’t need to pay for an ASC or telephone Avid. If you need more help file that and when you post here include the incident number. Avid support may want proof of your purchase date. Why did your reseller not point you there?

*nothing* makes sense here.

Darryl Ramm 12-05-2018 07:59 AM

And I am pretty sure there is some grace period built into renewals. I forget what it is, may be one month. So just missing a date does not make sense here either. If you purchased the wrong product... there may still be time for you to simply buy electronically delivered renewals online.

Darryl Ramm 12-05-2018 08:13 AM

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/f...rpetualLicense