Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   "Save Copy In" producing session without audio (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=230316)

holden 10-20-2008 08:35 AM

"Save Copy In" producing session without audio

In 7.4.2cs1 I am trying to use "Save Copy In" to copy a session. The saved copy of the session contains no audio files, yet the relevant audio files have been copied to a new audio folder.

Under "Items To Copy" I have checked "All Audio Files", "Don't Copy Fade Files", and "Don't Copy Rendered Elastic Files". Session Format is "Latest", and Audio File Type is WAV at 96 kHz and 24 Bit.

I found a thread related to this problem from May 2008 called,
7.4cs3 "Save Copy In" Not Currently Reliable For Me
but no resolution of the problem. I would be grateful for help.

Scott Goldberg 10-20-2008 09:18 AM

Re: "Save Copy In" producing session without audio

Where is your new audio file folder? If it's not in the session area, it won't find them easily without a search. Replace your no audio file folder with the other and you would be OK. You might have to also tell it to import audio to the timeline or region bin but it will get there. Good luck. :-)

crizdee 10-20-2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden (Post 1295711)
In 7.4.2cs1 I am trying to use "Save Copy In" to copy a session. The saved copy of the session contains no audio files, yet the relevant audio files have been copied to a new audio folder.

Under "Items To Copy" I have checked "All Audio Files", "Don't Copy Fade Files", and "Don't Copy Rendered Elastic Files". Session Format is "Latest", and Audio File Type is WAV at 96 kHz and 24 Bit.

I found a thread related to this problem from May 2008 called,
7.4cs3 "Save Copy In" Not Currently Reliable For Me
but no resolution of the problem. I would be grateful for help.

Hi,

Use this app to trash your prefs and then try again.... http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=190122

If that doesn't work then re-install pro tools (using the safe un-install option and the un-installer is in your digidesign folder in applications. it won't effect your plugins or third party stuff and will only take a few minutes!)

You might have a corrupted PT file.

Chris

Scott Goldberg 10-20-2008 09:25 AM

If my suggestion doesn't work, then definitely follow Chris' idea. Use the free app, www.jcdeshaies.com and it will do much of what Chris is talking about in a flash.

holden 10-20-2008 10:46 AM

Scott-
The audio file folder is in the same directory as the session copy, but there are no audio regions in the session.

crizdee-
Thank you for your suggestions but neither fixed the problem.

DigiTechSupt? Anyone?

B.t.w., as in the earlier thread, upon opening the created copy I get the mysterious message stating,
"Some regions were truncated or removed from the region list or timeline because they referred to files which are too short."

Scott Goldberg 10-20-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden (Post 1295794)
Scott-
The audio file folder is in the same directory as the session copy, but there are no audio regions in the session.

crizdee-

DigiTechSupt? Anyone?

B.t.w., as in the earlier thread, upon opening the created copy I get the mysterious message stating,
"Some regions were truncated or removed from the region list or timeline because they referred to files which are too short."

Hey Christpher :-)

If the Audio File folder is, in fact, there, then maybe he forgot to check all plug-ins and audio files. Been there, done that.

holden 10-20-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Goldberg (Post 1295798)

If the Audio File folder is, in fact, there, then maybe he forgot to check all plug-ins and audio files. Been there, done that.

As I have said, the Audio Files folder is the same directory as the session created by "Save Copy In", and it has the correct audio files in it. Whether or not plugin setting are selected to be copied is irrelevant — I have tried the process both with and without copying the plugin settings with no difference in the outcome.

Scott Goldberg 10-20-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Goldberg (Post 1295798)

then you need to import your audio into the session. Sorry if I am still missing something. Just trying to help. When I have audio files in the session folder, and they won't go in, then I import audio t the same session as disk allocation may have been the original problem, and it works for me.

crizdee 10-20-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holden (Post 1295794)
crizdee-

DigiTechSupt? Anyone?

So you trashed all prefs and then you used the un-installer and then reinstalled pro tools? and then loaded the original session and used save copy in to create a brand new session (new from after the re-install of pro tools!)

And this new session created from save copy in and created after you uninstalled and re-installed PT is still without the audio regions?

Most bizarre:confused: if trashing all the prefs and a reinstall of PT didn't fix this then it must be your OS or maybe your hard drive!!

Chris

Scott Goldberg 10-20-2008 11:32 AM

I guess Chris is on your wavelength. Stick with him.