Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   BAD POWER HARNESS/POWER SUPPLY!!??HELP!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=113156)

snuffacation 08-11-2004 10:51 AM

BAD POWER HARNESS/POWER SUPPLY!!??HELP!!

Here's the scenario....

I bought a Digi002 in January last year, The Digi002 (v.01 w/ waves plugins, etc.) from a local GC. During the time I've owned the 002 I was in the midst of recording sessions on my "old" setup so I never set it up and it sat sadly unused in the box for all the time I've owned it.

Fast Forward to now....

Through a mutual friend of mine I met a small studio owner who wanted to buy my Digi002, which is great because I needed to recoup my costs on the Digi and other gear, etc. I fill out the digi transfer of ownership to the buyer and we download the latest patches for OSX and such so we can fire up the unit. We powered the unit on once and it flaked out showing all signs of the bad power harness/power supply issue(only the mute button was lit, it didn't go through the start up, and no firewire lite or scribble strips lit. I looked/felt like a shmuck pasing off bad gear when this thing has obviously been in the box the whole time. The CD's were never opened!

Now My Dilemna....

How do I get it fixed, fixed right, and not get comopletely shafted because I'm out of my warranty period for a piece of gear that is still obviously 'brand new'? I've got a feeling I may have an expensive paperweight if I can't get it fixed for a reasonable price.

Someone please help!!! I'm not trying to bash digi here I'm just hoping to get answers.

Gene Backlin 08-11-2004 10:58 AM

Re: BAD POWER HARNESS/POWER SUPPLY!!??HELP!!

Quote:

I'm out of my warranty period for a piece of gear that is still obviously 'brand new'?

Call Digi Support. If you feel comfortable on replacing the power harness on your own, they can send you the kit with pictured instructions. It is free even if you are out of waranty.

Just give them a call, you might be on hold for a while.

Take Care,
Gene

WestPhillySoulzition 08-11-2004 11:47 AM

we bought 16 of the 002s the first day they were out at a school i work at. 3 monthes later i had to service evryone of them. It took about 15-10 minutes each and was easy. I have alot of tech experience and didnt use any of it. well, I did have to unplug a couple cables. point of the story is that it is not a big del at all. it is basically replacing a cable.

snuffacation 08-11-2004 03:03 PM

I just wanted to say THANK YOU...If you read my post BAD POWER HARNESS/POWER SUPPLY you'll notice I posted it today. I called Digi today and was on hold for a very reasonable amount of time. They issued me a replacement cable and said if it's the power supply, no matter if it's 2 years from now they said it would be fixed free.

Thats what I call customer service...!!!!

I've dealt with being on hold with many a company in my day being an IT Manager, and I must say that Digidesign was the best response I've ever gotten from a company.

Thanks to Eric Dower from Digidesign!

---------------------
...Always Hit Record!