Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fades (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=316423)

TheKeys 01-28-2012 09:26 PM

Fades

Hey everyone. I am having a lot of trouble with fades in protools 8 recently. I've always been able to create fades with ease, but for some reason I am not given the option to create a fade at anytime. I've tried a lot of different stuff but nothing seems to work. Is there something simple that I am possibly missing?

By the way, I am extremely new to protools, so try to make the answer as simple and understandable as possible!

Haha thanks for the help.

caruso7r 01-28-2012 10:34 PM

Re: Fades

A lot of information needed from you in order for anyone to help. Check the top of this page and post a sandra report for starters. Also think about any changes you may have done to the computer before and after your fades stopped working. If your answer to that is no, then I question that you have automatic updates enabled on your computer. Remember there are a lot of variables to get through to your problem.

guitardom 01-28-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKeys (Post 1895414)
Hey everyone. I am having a lot of trouble with fades in protools 8 recently. I've always been able to create fades with ease, but for some reason I am not given the option to create a fade at anytime. I've tried a lot of different stuff but nothing seems to work. Is there something simple that I am possibly missing?

By the way, I am extremely new to protools, so try to make the answer as simple and understandable as possible!

Haha thanks for the help.

how were you doing fades??

select region and cntrl+f

OR

in keyboard focus mode
select region and hit f

if your doing the 2nd one, you will not get to select any options. the settings are based by what you have set (or should setup) in your preferences.

by selecting the region and hitting cntrl+f you should get your options everytime.

TheKeys 01-29-2012 08:36 PM

Well, I can fade audio tracks, but I'm trying to figure out a way to fade MIDI tracks. So I guess my question is, how do I fade MIDI tracks in and out?

albee1952 01-29-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKeys (Post 1895750)
Well, I can fade audio tracks, but I'm trying to figure out a way to fade MIDI tracks. So I guess my question is, how do I fade MIDI tracks in and out?

One way is to choose to view AUDIO VOLUME in the edit window and use the mouse to draw the fade.

guitardom 01-29-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKeys (Post 1895750)

midi is just data, you cannot fade data. you can do as albee suggests or your edit your velocity. change your window view to velocity on the midi track and grab a pencil and draw the fade out.

londonivory 01-30-2012 07:34 PM

I am having issues with the fade functions. I have been using Automation for fades due to not being able to use the main Fade functions. I know the program very well, but this just doesn't make any sense. I do everything correctly to my knowledge. I select the part of a region, go to EDIT on the toolbar, them to find FADES is not available. Does someone else have the same issues? Or is there an easy way to resolve this or did I over look something?