Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 9 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Is Procontrol/edit pack/ fader pack still supported (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=285734)

vudoo 11-05-2010 05:00 PM

Is Procontrol/edit pack/ fader pack still supported

I did not see it on the PT 9 announcement. Is the Pro control still supported ?? Thanks

Cryos 11-05-2010 05:11 PM

Re: Is Procontrol/edit pack/ fader pack still supported

were out of luck buddy, they want us to spring for the big ticket items or run a useless C24. I'm F--N'G pissed but not surprised. Avids got Big business mentality and shareholders to to answer to.
You and I are just not that important anymore.
I know for a fact that you can run a procontrol rig off an LE system simply by using the proper controller file, but I think those days are over.

mgauvin 11-05-2010 06:32 PM

Have anyone tried to use the ProControl Contoller Profile file with PT9 ?

carlone 11-05-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

were out of luck buddy, they want us to spring for the big ticket items or run a useless C24. I'm F--N'G pissed but not surprised. Avids got Big business mentality and shareholders to to answer to.
The pro control personality controller file is installed with PT9. That tells me that it should work. I guess those shareholders are just gonna have to be pissed :)

Cryos 11-06-2010 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlone (Post 1693145)
The pro control personality controller file is installed with PT9. That tells me that it should work. I guess those shareholders are just gonna have to be pissed :)

If this is the case, that be super cool, yet to be seen however, and how functional it will be.

Cheers

psycho_monkey 11-06-2010 02:19 PM

The official reply has been "it should work" - ie they've done nothing to break it, remove the drivers etc - but you won't get tech support if it doesn't.

Cryos 11-06-2010 08:01 PM

by any chance did you find out if the editpack was part of profile list?

On a side note, awhile back i upgraded my OS to Leopard on my G5, installed the last version of PT8 for PPC to find out that those of us running procontrols in surround and using the PC's monitor controls in surround mode, found the surround switch would toggle off all on it's own when instantiating plug-ins or automating them( digi actually acknowledged this as an official bug after they were capable of reproducing the same issue on their end) this bug essentially renders the PC surround monitor section useless, otherwise everything else seemed to work on the unit.
I went back to Tiger and 7.4 as there were myriad's of other issues.

All to be seen eh.
Cheers

Shan 11-06-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vudoo (Post 1692992)
I did not see it on the PT 9 announcement. Is the Pro control still supported ?? Thanks

"Supported", no. But it definitely works.

Shane

LukeHoward 11-06-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryos (Post 1694605)
by any chance did you find out if the editpack was part of profile list?

Yes, it is. EditPack, ProControl, and ProControl_M (matrix) are all there. There's a lot of jumping to conclusions going on here.